I have been working at Acadian Ambulance Service full-time (More than 10 years)
- Advancement opportunities available for those willing to put in the work.
- Company grows smart.
- Invests back into its employees.
- Higher than average compensation when comparing other private ambulance services.
- Accessible upper management.
- Top of the line equipment, training for employees.
- Turn over ( problem exists in every private service ).
- Doesn't turn over ratty equipment acquired through acquisitions fast enough.
- Needs to communicate better on growth strategies to mainline employees.
Advice to Management
- Stay engaged with all employees.
- Continue to grow the company smart and invest in your employees and infrastructure.
- Be seen, get out and visit when time allows.
I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Acadian Ambulance Service in June 2016.
Quite nice people. Very friendly and answered all my questions. Had a little difficulty when it came to 2nd interview with manager(first was with hr rep). They had their act together more than what I had heard about them.
Reasons for Declining
I would have taken the offer but I could not justify the pay cut for the years of experience. I have worked 911 and had basics make more than what I was offered.