- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
Mission: Help growing businesses make meaningful connections with their customers.
ActiveCampaign is the marketing automation leader for small and mid sized businesses (SMB's) around the globe. Through a sophisticated yet easy-to-use platform and tools, we allow our customers to make meaningful connections to their customers. Often, we are the center of our customer's marketing strategies and critical to their success and future.
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 90,000 today to millions.
We're growing better every day. Come grow with us. We're looking for the best of the best, and we know you are too.
Iterate everything, always
Perfect is the enemy of good, and iteration will bring us closer to perfect than perfectionism ever could.
We leave our egos at home; show up ready to listen, share our success, and make a difference.
Be the change
When a task needs doing, we race to raise our hands first. We strive to be part of the solution.
Embrace our diverse perspectives and experiences to build an inclusive, innovative community.
Put customer success before our own
The only way to sustain long term success is to relentlessly focus first on the success of our customers.
ActiveImpact is the philanthropic vehicle through which ActiveCampaign gives back. Philanthropy is carried out through a combination of time, talent, product and financial means, which are thoughtfully deployed to volunteering & community engagement, varied giving and partnerships. We like to think of this as making a ActiveImpact.
AREAS OF FOCUS
We offer 3 days of Volunteering Time Off (VTO) to our employees — and encourage using them.
As a company, we organize initiatives such as toy drives, cook-offs, and more to raise money and awareness.
We partner with organizations who share our values and find opportunities to deepen our impact.
Every. Single. Day. Tasty food from a wide variety of local Chicago restaurants.
Work life balance is important, so we don't put caps on paid time off. If you need it, take it.
You shouldn't have to worry about your health costs. We pay 100% of your premiums for the HSA plan.
Generous retirement contributions to help you plan for your future.
Free Divvy bikes
Sure we've got bike storage in the building, but we also cover a free Divvy membership.
No one loves commuting, but it's definitely easier when all of your public transit is paid for.
Life & disability insurance
Comprehensive plans to help you and your family feel secure should the unthinkable happen.
All of our workspaces include adjustable height desks. Sit or stand however you'd like.
Get paid what you're worth! We're proud to offer our employees fair and considerate compensation.
"It has always been your knowledge, experience, and work ethic that counts around here. Not how you look, your personality, or your hobbies/interests/etc...I've always appreciated that."
- Elizabeth M.
Site Reliability Engineer at ActiveCampaign
"I really love how if enough people get together to plan something, ActiveCampaign will make it an official event. It really makes me feel valued and cared for. We already have potlucks, board game nights, and happy hour Fridays! Everyone is open and free to be their true selves. I love it here."
- Danny M.
Product Manager at ActiveCampaign
I have been working at ActiveCampaign full-time (More than a year)
- Incredible Benefits
- Work life balance (I never work more than 40 hours a week and work from home whenever I want)
- Smart and awesome people
- A true engineering career track
- Very competitive salaries (I've almost doubled my salary from my first SE role in under 2 years)
- Coffee bar :)
As most have mentioned, the main con is just general growth pains. These growth pains have let some toxic personalities come out (hence the few negative reviews), but it is to be expected that some people have the privilege to worry about something so trivial.
Every company I worked at has had growing pains. I do not love work, but not because of ActiveCampaign. Compared to any job I've had previously, AC is my favorite and most enjoyable.
I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ActiveCampaign.
The entire process took just under 2 weeks from applying to offer. The interview process was in 3 steps:
1. Phone Screening - This was a phone call with a recruiter who asked basic questions about my current position, the role at ActiveCampaign and how my experience can apply to the role. She walked me through the job itself & how it fits into the company. She was awesome!
2. Writing Assignment - The next day I was sent a template of an email from an “upset customer” & was told to come up with a solution for them. I submitted it the same day. I had to create a trial account & learn about the software in order to answer this question.
3. On-site Interview - This office is amazing! Very high tech (duh - its a tech company) and modern. They are renovating so it’s going to look even better. I met with 3 Support Managers individually for about 30min each. I appreciate that it was set up this way because sometimes with a panel, it can get a little intimidating & feel like they’re interrogating you. They all told me a lot about themselves and how they were brought to the company. They asked competency questions, I would discuss my answer and they came up with more as I went along. They all seemed happy with the company & where it’s headed which made me excited to join the team. I got to know them & they really focused on getting to know me. One thing that also stood out to me was when I asked “what do you need to be successful in this position?” all of their answers aligned with each other & that told me there is a clear goal here— everyone’s on the same page.
3 days after the on-site interview, I got an email from the recruiter who set up a time to talk on the phone & extended me an offer. This has by far been the easiest, painless interview process I’ve been through. I’m excited to get to work!