I have been working at Affinnova full-time (Less than a year)
- Excellent, easy to talk to CEO
- Great technology and managers glad to help you learn more about it.
- Positive, respectful atmosphere with mostly nice people
- Promotes the advancement of talent
- Most employees seem either willing to help or direct you to where you can get your answers
- Hospitable and service oriented
- A lot of interviews indicate a high turnover in some areas
- A minority of folks who think they are too self-important/talented/whatever for menial courtesies like cleaning up after themselves
- A few talented employees that should stay where they are as they don't possess the communication skills to manage anyone
Advice to Management
Look more closely at management/supervisors in the areas with high turnover.
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Affinnova (Waltham, MA).
Applied online on a whim while looking for other similar positions (Forrester, GWfK, Nielsen, etc.). The process started about 5 days later when someone reached out to me to arrange a Skype interview. Two days later I was brought in for 3 one-hour interviews with two analysts and the hiring manager. Four days later, I was brought in for 2 one-hour interviews with two research directors and a 90 minute interview with two analysts. After sometime (I had an abroad commitment of 2 weeks for a personal) I was asked to come in for a 1.5-2 hour conversation with the CEO. A day later I was told to expect an offer letter, which I signed.
The entire process, although long, was very positive. I genuinely found myself excited to work with all of the people that I had interviewed with throughout and it seems that company is undergoing a paradigm shift in how it hires.