Mission: To advance our members and healthcare management excellence.
I have been working at American College of Healthcare Executives full-time
- ACHE is committed to improvement and to becoming a great organization.
- Significantly improved focus on employee engagement.
- You will not be bored working here. If you want more to do, ask and you shall receive.
- Despite heavy workloads, it is not a culture that expects working extra-long hours. With few exceptions, people keep to an 8-4 or 9-5 work day and it is not frowned upon.
- Staff are encouraged to improve and innovate the way they do their work.
- Heavy workload with sometimes competing priorities.
- History of the association and level of trust from members can make it challenging to take risks and make changes/improvements quickly.
- Can't fix everything all at once, but what organization can?
Advice to Management
Focus on improvement is working, keep it up. The more you engage staff, the more progress you will make as an organization.
I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American College of Healthcare Executives (Chicago, IL) in August 2011.
I had a very positive experience interviewing with this company. The hiring manager was very thorough with me. It felt like a conversation, which is how I think interviews should feel. The HR manager went through all the benefits and perks with me. Although they did not make an offer, it was a very positive experience.