Mission: Amla believes that ecommerce software should enable growth and improve the health of a company. This belief was born out of more than 20 years of ecommerce consulting experience working across many platforms and customer types, gaining insights into what works and what ...
I have been working at Amla Commerce full-time (More than a year)
1) You can't train or fake passion - Rupesh and the leadership team are excited about the industry and the areas we can make a difference. This makes it fun to always be thinking through ways to improve and be the best company we can be through innovative ideas.
2) The mantra of doing right by the customer is evident here which translates into great partnerships with customers and camaraderie with coworkers.
3) Effort and hard work are not only appreciated, yet called out and recognized by the leadership team
4) Most people here are looking to learn and improve as much as they can. There are a lot of smart people working here, it feels as if you're effortlessly progressing forward in career experience.
5) C-suite is involved in every customer and at times, in the project details with you. It really feels like a team effort
1) With the rapid growth, there are weeks where work life balance can be a bit difficult to achieve.
2) The office space is a bit cramped and sometimes too quiet
3) The time change with the India office can make it tough to schedule meetings in a timely manner
Advice to Management
Slow down and prioritize - we all want to do everything now and act fast, yet everything cannot be done at once.
I applied through other source. I interviewed at Amla Commerce (Wauwatosa, WI) in December 2017.
I was supposed to interview with the CEO, CFO, and CIO. However the CIO was apparently stuck in traffic and never made it. Interview went great and they wanted to bring me on, but they did not have an open position at the time (were expecting to be hiring soon). I was also told the CIO would schedule a phone call once they were ready to hire. I never heard from them again, even after reaching out several times so I applied again when I saw they posted a job and this time was able to speak with the CIO, then never heard from them again. Extremely frustrating, as I was under the impression they wanted to bring me on when a position became available
Amla has two new openings! We're looking for a Product Manager and a Product Implementation Specialist. At Amla, we work hard, brainstorm daily, use too many whiteboards, and enjoy an occasional joke...or seven. Our whip-smart team does an incredible job of tackling complex challenges and has a great time doing it. Check out full job descriptions:
Our very own Tom Flierl, VP of Marketing & Business Development, was at Outdoor Retailer this week sharing insights on how companies can prepare for mass product customization. His presentation, "Give 'Em What They Want!" was a hit!
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –