I worked at Appsbee full-time (More than a year)
I am working in the IT industry for past 6 years and have worked in some reputed companies. In most of them the work system is very much generic. In Appsbee I got the chance to explore new dimensions as management motivated us all to keep on learning new things. Some pros of Appsbee are as below.
1. Motivating Management: The management always inspired us (i.e. employees) to learn new things related to our niche. This way we contributed more to the company and made ourselves filled with new sharp know-how.
2. Regular Brainstorming: On regular basis the leading heads of the company called us all for brainstorming sessions. In this time we all used to discuss about any topic in hand that can benefit our production. This could be sometimes marketing technique to iphone apps future and our part in it. Any idea was always welcome and if the quality was good implemented too.
3. Regular Appraisal: Based on the performance of every employee the management makes sure of taking care of the appraisal. Performance bonus is also given from the end of Appsbee to all those professionals who have made the company proud with their efforts.
4. An eye on future: The path-defining approach of Appsbee is liked by many, even by us. We were told about the future of web like semantic web, web 3.0 and information architecture for delivering apt solutions for clients.
A little bit of awkward moments are there is every organization. Some irregularities or lets say cons are as below.
1. Lack of space in the dining room: Every employee had to wait for having lunch as the dining space has the capacity of 20 people only.
2. Power Backup Issue: The office premises does not have ample power backup system and sometime had to suffer for this.Now I have heard they have installed a backup system.
3. Pick up and Drop unavailable: The Appsbee don't have ample vehicle support for pick up and drop of employees.
Advice to Management
The management needs to scale the present process for ensuring higher output in future. This would make sure a intelligent solution offering company.
I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Appsbee (West Jordan, UT) in January 2010.
In Appsbee There is basically three rounds. 1st one is written, 2nd one is technical and last one is HR round. Once a candidate gets through all these successfully he/she is selected and appointed. I too have gone through these steps.
The negotiation phase was very much positive and I felt quite at home conversing with the Sr. HR. She had taken care of my expectation perfectly along with keeping the company bar fixed.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –