Mission: Changing the World, One Client Mission at a Time
Core Values: F.A.I.R.
F – Flexible IN Empowerment, IN Solutions, IN Accepting Change
A – Accountable TO Ourselves, TO Each Other, TO ...
I have been working at Aptify full-time (More than 3 years)
• Depending on your department, there is an abundance of challenging work. I am frequently tasked with solving extraordinarily difficult problems which almost always have something new to teach me despite being a software developer who isn't shy about the fact I have "seen and done it all"
• Depending on your location: flexible work accommodations, unlimited PTO, generous 401K contribution, competitive health benefits, free food, soda and coffee
• Relatively modern computing hardware, server and network infrastructure, development and productivity tools, and three exceptional teams of support staff
• Embraces individuality which is evident in the expressive and creative personalities each team member displays
• The motto "Adapt Once, Adapt Often" may be sometimes taken to an extreme which can be overwhelming to some
• Global Huddles were an interesting and exciting idea that have been executed pretty flawlessly, but I think it should have been all-or-nothing in terms of the frequency.
Advice to Management
Assuming the people posting these negative reviews were or are actual Aptify employees, then something has really changed for the worse. The Aptify I came to work for two years ago didn't employ people with these attitudes. There are too many negative reviews now to brush this off as people being temporarily discontent or confused about the changes happening. This should be further evident by my continued satisfaction with and appreciation of Aptify as a whole. You likely know who I am and also know I might be the most vocal complainer across every department , yet I am still genuinely a believer in what I signed up for when I joined. I don't know what has to be done to fix "this", but I would like to see it fixed more than anything else I'd like to see fixed.
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aptify (Tysons Corner, VA) in June 2015.
I was first screened by Culture and People. After that, a Technical Lead asked me an array of technical questions of increasing difficulty. I was then asked for opinions on various types of software processes, techniques, tools, platforms. Once brought into an in-person interview, I was very surprised at the extent to which my bosses were straight forward and honest with me about every question I had.