Mission: Our Vision:
We’ll Find a Way — is a testament of what our customers say about us. Our customers tell us that we say “yes” more often; we’re the kind of company that partners with them to problem-solve and ...
I worked at ArcBest full-time (More than a year)
* So many *good* people at ABT
* Managers are reasonable and caring people
* Flexible work hours
* Daily catering avaiable
* Excellent pay
* Stable employment, low turnover
* Interesting projects, lots of new code to write
* Mile-long walking trail is beautiful and a great way to make friends at work. Many people take a lap in the morning and a lap in the afternoon.
* Corporation is constantly introducing healthy living initiatives. Very cool!
* Private family doctor within walking distance from the office - extremely convenient.
* ABT has many *expert* software developers. You are guaranteed to grow as a programmer.
* Top-notch, well-funded, extensive training program for new employees. Lots of valuable skills to learn.
* The trucking industry is NOT boring. Lots of interesting problems to solve!
* Relatively stingy with vacation
* Cubicle farm
* Legacy software is a harsh reality for tech companies that have been around for this long
* Management is effecient and stable, so promotions can be slow
* Heavily invested in proprietary software (WIndows + IBM, virtually no Linux)
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ArcBest (Indianapolis, IN).
It was a preliminary telephonic call by the company for initial screening. I was asked some basic pre-screening questions based on my resume and job profiling. The call went on for about 15-20 minutes.