I worked at Architech full-time (More than 3 years)
If you are looking for autonomy, just want to code and don't care about job advancement this is the job for you.
- Agile development company with no reporting structure. No boss to tell you what to do and give you directions.
- If you are assertive and proactive, you can get yourself assigned to most project you like.
- Good variety of projects because most of them are short term.
- Strong software engineering culture where front-end development is a low priority. But very collaborative and capable coworkers. .
Stepping stone until you find another place with mentorship and career advancement.
- There's very little opportunity for career advancement because that's reserved for a few of the bosses' favorites
- You have to find your own way because there's no boss, no mentor and no one to guide you or give you objective feedback
- Lack loyalties to workers. Recently they had "parted ways" with people whom skillsets no longer align with their ever changing company goals.
- Low employee engagement and moral - seemed like HR's only job is to recruit and fire staff.
Advice to Management
Get some executive couching. Lead by listening: don't just get feedback from the customers get it from the staff as well.
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Architech (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2016.
3 Stage interview with key team members. Overall a positive experience with good questions that help the team discover the right person for the position. I met some of the designers and recruitment team on interview one. The art director on interview 2 and the CEO on interview 3.