I have been working at BIAS Corp full-time
Working at BIAS has been a great experience so far -
- Accessible management - Open Door Policy
- Professional development opportunities - management is willing to invest in the tools and training needed to be successful
- Opportunities for promotion
- Collaboration between coworkers and teams is encouraged - lots of plans for more collaboration space in the new office building
- Monthly employee events (happy hours, holiday parties, Painted Pin, etc.) and wellness events (healthy potlucks, Kickboxing, Yoga, etc.) are always fun!
Employee base is expanding, so communication can sometimes be difficult - new company collaboration tools like SharePoint and Lync are helping with this.
Advice to Management
Keep hiring great people to account for the growth we're experiencing.
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BIAS Corp (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2017.
I was reached out by one of their recruiters. Since I worked on a project with BIAS before when we co-bid and won a large contract and it was a pleasant experience, I decided to give it a shot. I had a phone screen with her followed by two phone interviews, one with a Senior Director and another with SVP of practice. All went well, and the SVP said he would have me talk to a technical person on his team as the next round. The recruiter followed up with me shortly after to ask for my availability for the technical interview. I gave my open time slots but did not hear from her for 2 weeks. I reached out to her, and she said it was spring break time and everybody is out of the office. She promised she would set something up soon. Then I never heard from anyone again. I tried to email her and call her, she never replied to my email or voice email. Totally unprofessional!