Mission: Our mission is to help companies succeed in business, bringing them closer to their customers, through superior information and insights- when, where and how B-to-B audiences want it.
From the top down BNP Media has embraced a culture of excellence. The approach of ownership is to invest in employee satisfaction as much as possible and to offer competitive salaries to attract and retain high-level talent. BNP Media offers great benefits and intangible perks such as flexible schedules, working from home, and an innovative working-your-way program.
BNP Media is committed to making the world a better place. Our outreach extends to many different volunteer, social, and non-profit organizations who share a mission with us to improve the state of our communities and the well-being of our society. Not only does BNP Media financially contribute to many causes, but we also create quarterly "giving back" opportunities to staff (and extend that invitation to friends and family of staff). Some of our more recent opportunities include:
* Stop Hunger Now! Food packing - over 40,000 meals for homeless and underprivileged youth.
* Wish granting party - celebrating the gift of a dream come true together with Make-A-Wish.
* Gleaners - food drives to help provide canned food and meals to homeless and low-income families.
* Coat Drive - each year we have a competition gifting hot game tickets to whoever donates to our "keep warm" initiative.
BNP Media is committed to improving the world around us. We are always looking for people who share the passion of giving back and working together as a community to aid those that need a helping hand.
* I love working for BNP Media because I love evangelizing, strongly advocating to our customers the unparalleled business value of controlled/qualified audiences, and focused, most-credible "community of interest" content as THE most-effective means to enhance their business success, and thus our own.
* I love BNP Media because every day is challenge going after new business, and it is satisfying when you not only close the deal with a client you have been pursuing, but when they compliment the results of us helping them meet their needs through our solutions.
* I love BNP Media because they give their sales reps the sales tools and latest digital products to succeed in today's media industry.
* I love being a salesperson for BNP Media because we engage in all aspects of our customers business, and no matter how big or small or complex their needs are, we have the right answers and tools to help them reach their desired outcomes.
* I love being a BNP salesperson because I get to represent a very high quality publication that gets results for advertisers, and is the leader in the field.
* I love representing brands that are respected in the industry and BNP seems to always strive to be on the cutting edge as far as digital offerings, sales tools, etc. Makes it easier to compete!
* I love the flexibility, as well as the support we get from the leadership team and other departments within BNP Media.
* I have the license (as a journalist) to pick up the phone and call the smartest people in the dairy industry.
* BNP Media has offered me the opportunity to work with talented people, explore infinitely interesting topics and mingle with some of the most innovative minds in F&B manufacturing.
* Great co-workers and collaborative environment among editors. The opportunity to travel and meet/network with industry officials while representing our brand. Last but not least, the ability to truly make brands "ours" and have the creative freedom (within reason) to do it.
* I'm proud of the broad range of professions represented by our publications, for example, the relatively recent purchase of one of the most respected publications in Architecture: Architectural Record. The stable of publications we have is second to none.
* The flexibility of our work schedules, and the opportunity to learn about and immerse ourselves in industries that many of us have had no prior experience in.
* The opportunity to become an authority in the industry I cover and the freedom to write about it in the way I see fit.
* BNP Media grants me the freedom and resources necessary to succeed as a professional journalist in today's ever-changing media market.
* BNP Media has such awesome people that I get the privilege to work with every day. And the flexibility and open-mindedness of the company as a whole are a big bonus!
* I like the camaraderie of the FBP editors, how we can share information/contacts/articles and leave our egos at the door.
I have been working at BNP Media full-time (More than 5 years)
Family-owned company that offers fantastic opportunity for upward growth if you're willing to put in the work. Work your way policy allows you to come and go as you see fit.
The office atmosphere tends to get a bit loud at times, but it's also refreshing to see employees interacting.
Advice to Management
Continue to reward employees at all levels who exceed expectations.
I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BNP Media.
Applied and took a week or so to set up an interview. Met with the editor, than was called back for a second interview with editor and publisher. Took about a month or two to get hired in.