I have been working at Balsam Brands full-time (More than 5 years)
- Full of ambitious, intelligent, and caring employees: this starts at the top with extremely approachable upper management who care about those they work with, not just the bottom line.
- Fun & fast environment: with such a seasonal business there is definitely a 'try to keep up' pace at certain times of year, but the culture shines in these moments. The team keeps it lighthearted & provides extra perks/events to balance the seasonality.
- Excellent CEO: Extremely smart & humble, genuinely gets to know you, & goes out of his way to help those around him be fulfilled working for Balsam.
- Growing quickly: growth has been swift, both in the size of the business & the employee count. The direction of the business is clear, and care is taken to maintain the vibrant culture (although there are naturally growing pains!).
- Talented, likeminded coworkers: the hiring standard is very high, both from a skillset and cultural fit perspective. It's very easy to collaborate cross functionally - employees are down to earth but very talented at what they do.
- A premium on time: there's a lot going on, and at times the focus on executing seasonal growth can hinder proper management attention towards personal & professional growth.
Advice to Management
- Spend the necessary time & resources growing the skillsets and modernizing the practices for each functional team within the company.
- Prioritize a more philanthropic customer-facing brand mission for employees to be invested in & working towards.
- Don't just seek to "maintain" the great culture as Balsam scales - look for more ways to adapt and grow the culture in new ways.
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Balsam Brands.
After applying online, I was contacted a few weeks later for a phone interview. Interview was quite extensive and took about 45 minutes to complete. After going through the basics about myself and what I'm looking for with my career, I was asked some practical questions with real-world applications to the position I was applying for and what my salary expectations would be (no information regarding salary was listed in the job description). It took another few weeks before I received an email response that I would not be progressing in the interview process.
From perks to volunteer efforts, Culture Amp shares how Balsam Brands spreads joy year-round. Check out the article here: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQlpy
Check out our open positions! We're looking for talented individuals to join our colorful team. http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQBl4