Mission: Balsam Brands' outward focus is on building trusted consumer brands; its internal focus is on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
I have been working at Balsam Brands full-time (More than 5 years)
- Full of ambitious, intelligent, and caring employees: this starts at the top with extremely approachable upper management who care about those they work with, not just the bottom line.
- Fun & fast environment: with such a seasonal business there is definitely a 'try to keep up' pace at certain times of year, but the culture shines in these moments. The team keeps it lighthearted & provides extra perks/events to balance the seasonality.
- Excellent CEO: Extremely smart & humble, genuinely gets to know you, & goes out of his way to help those around him be fulfilled working for Balsam.
- Growing quickly: growth has been swift, both in the size of the business & the employee count. The direction of the business is clear, and care is taken to maintain the vibrant culture (although there are naturally growing pains!).
- Talented, likeminded coworkers: the hiring standard is very high, both from a skillset and cultural fit perspective. It's very easy to collaborate cross functionally - employees are down to earth but very talented at what they do.
- A premium on time: there's a lot going on, and at times the focus on executing seasonal growth can hinder proper management attention towards personal & professional growth.
Advice to Management
- Spend the necessary time & resources growing the skillsets and modernizing the practices for each functional team within the company.
- Prioritize a more philanthropic customer-facing brand mission for employees to be invested in & working towards.
- Don't just seek to "maintain" the great culture as Balsam scales - look for more ways to adapt and grow the culture in new ways.
I applied online. I interviewed at Balsam Brands (Redwood City, CA) in July 2017.
HR was quickly responding after I filled out the on-line application. They ask all relevant question related into the position. The process was smooth however after the interview, it has being quiet. There is not news from HR to see if they processing to move onto another candidate or not.
From perks to volunteer efforts, Culture Amp shares how Balsam Brands spreads joy year-round. Check out the article here: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQlpy—30+ days ago
Check out our open positions! We're looking for talented individuals to join our colorful team. http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQBl4—30+ days ago