Did you know that we have been recognised as the Best Workplace by Great Place to Work UK, ranking No. 1 in the Large Workplaces category for businesses with 500+ employees? Read more here: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQBNd
Baringa Partners is an independent business and technology consultancy.
We help businesses run more effectively, navigate industry shifts and reach new markets.
We use our industry insights, ideas and pragmatism to help each client improve their business.
Collaboration is central to our strategy and culture ensuring we attract the brightest and the best. And it’s why clients love working with us.
Baringa. Brighter together.
At Baringa, our aim is to recruit the best. We want people who are highly motivated and well-rounded. People who have an entrepreneurial spirit and who want to help to make a difference to the business. People who are committed and passionate about providing a first-class client service.
People like you. Because it's people like you who make Baringa a great place to work.
If you’d like to get to know a little more about us, take a look at this:
Our business, like those of our clients, has changed since we were established in 2000. We’ve grown, added new capabilities and changed our operating model.
But through the change, our five core values have stayed constant - and they remain central to all we do. They are the basis of our workplace culture. They define the way we work. They inform the relationships we have not only with our clients but also each other. It's the reason our clients come back to us time again.
It works for us and it works for our clients too.
We recently ran a staff competition, inviting our people to submit their own original photography which depicted our values in a visual way. The results were so good that all the photography used in our website is made up of those pictures.
At Baringa, we take Corporate Social Responsibility seriously and our objective is to make a positive impact on society and with our staff by focusing on the issues and initiatives that we believe in. We aim to achieve this by enabling our people to make a difference by supporting a range of internal and external charity, community, environmental and well-being initiatives.
At Baringa, we recognise that having a balanced workforce is not only good for recruitment, it’s also good for our clients. We are committed to making Baringa a better balanced place in which to work and thrive. Our internal initiative, Baringa Balance, is aimed at supporting individuals across the company irrespective of background. It’s an initiative that has grown as the company has evolved, and one which:
As part of our commitment to a balanced workforce, we are active members of two Business in the Community initiatives - Opportunity Now and Race for Opportunity.
I have been working at Baringa Partners full-time (More than 3 years)
- The opportunities you get to develop yourself are excellent. Senior staff take a lot of time to give you feedback and help you improve your ways of working. The people you work with are very good at what they do and there are plenty of opportunities to learn from them. I find that I have developed rapidly since joining Baringa.
- It's a great environment to develop your career. There are continuous opportunities to take on greater challenges and increase your responsibility within the firm. You can also get excellent career mentors at Baringa, who will challenge you and help you to push your career in the direction that you want to go. There are also four promotion rounds a year.
- The social network and the support network you get at Baringa is incredible. We have an excellent work social life, with plenty of opportunities for fun. The teams that you work with also provide a lot of support to you make sure that you are getting the help you need to work well both off and on client site.
- You can really shape the company with your own ideas and initiatives. Baringa is always on the look out for new opportunities, and if you have an area that you are passionate about or interested in Baringa is a great environment to pursue this.
- Baringa has been a bit slow to think 'global' as an organisation, despite now having offices in several countries (and continents!). Baringa is making progress in this area, but it should continue to think globally, in order to work effectively from an operational point of view and best serve its clients.
Advice to Management
Think globaly; operationally, as well as commercially.
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baringa Partners (London, England (UK)) in February 2018.
Assessment centre, small group of candidates. AC involved 20 min case study, 20 min interview with 2 employees followed by 2 group exercises.
They try to make the AC different to other firms, but the result was a confusing set of tasks with little relevance to the role. They are more looking for team work skills than people who actually possess the skills to be a good consultant. They make you feel the process has gone well but the feedback I received was highly critical, picking out small details where I could have improved, which often were caused by the interviewer rather than myself.