I have been working at Black Mountain Systems full-time (Less than a year)
- Great working environment
- Wonderful and competitive compensations
- Very flexible working hours
- Smart coworkers that are willing to help others succeed.
- Accessible working location (Midtown, Manhattan)
- FUN. (Happy hours, company trips, office parties...)
- Non-stressful, meaningful work
- Very nice, fun and talkative CEOs and managers
- VERY selective interview process, may have missed out on some potentially great candidates. But this is also a pro, since everyone that works there are not only smart, but also fits the culture of the company
- Must be willing to learn to succeed
The process took a week. I interviewed at Black Mountain Systems (San Diego, CA) in June 2011.
The phone interview took about an hour and consisted of the entire development team (3 at the time) who all asked questions about design patterns, OO design, database design, agile development methods, and data structures.
The second phase consisted of an in-person interview where they give you a programming test where you will have to create a design for a database and implement a business scenario using C#.
The third phase consisted of going out to a local restaurant with the entire team to see if your personality fits in with the team.
The development team is very good and they were asking very challenging questions and the programming test was difficult but fair. It took me about 3.5 hours. It's a super casual atmosphere there they have beers stacked in the fridge. Because of the super casual atmosphere I think I was a bit too relaxed during my third interview and they might have interpreted that as I would be a difficult person to work with. So to any prospective employee remember that even though you are drinking a beers with them you still have to phrase your answers so that they won't offend anybody.