I have been working at Black Mountain Systems full-time (Less than a year)
- Great working environment
- Wonderful and competitive compensations
- Very flexible working hours
- Smart coworkers that are willing to help others succeed.
- Accessible working location (Midtown, Manhattan)
- FUN. (Happy hours, company trips, office parties...)
- Non-stressful, meaningful work
- Very nice, fun and talkative CEOs and managers
- VERY selective interview process, may have missed out on some potentially great candidates. But this is also a pro, since everyone that works there are not only smart, but also fits the culture of the company
- Must be willing to learn to succeed
I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Black Mountain Systems (Jersey City, NJ) in May 2018.
I had to take a SQL test initially. After I passed that, I had a call with the recruiter. He then scheduled a call with someone from the implementation team. She was 30 mins late to call me. She then asked me some technical questions, and questions about my current job. She then asked me if I had a strong finance background to which I replied I don’t. (I was told by the recruiter that I do not need to have a very strong finance background as it was a tech role). Anyway, she then told me that this might not be the right fit for me because of my weak finance background. I wish they mentioned this in their job description and also screened for my skills before hand.