Mission: We’re tackling one of the Internet’s most fundamental problems: helping leading online businesses get their high quality and relevant content found by their consumers, when and where they want it.
I have been working at BloomReach full-time (More than 5 years)
1. Great people: you can easily connect with the people that you work with--I have maintained friendships with many (beyond just within the office) who have left the company. On the flip side, it makes things very difficult when people leave.
2. Good work/life balance: overall, the company is very understanding and flexible with work/life balance.
3. Culture: When I first started working here and we were growing quickly, we had a great sense of culture and cohesion. We've lost some of that recently, but the leadership team is willing to recognize this and address the problem.
4. Encouraging managers: this one is a bit of luck-of-the-draw. I have been fortunate to work with really great managers who have helped me grow, but also recognize that there are other managers here who aren't great at managing.
1. Many organizational changes that come fast/hard to keep up with: lots of personnel shuffling within the org.
2. Attrition: high attrition recently makes it difficult to maintain a sense of close culture.
3. Meetings @ weird hours: because we're a global company, you find yourself on calls at 7:00AM or 10PM sometimes.
Advice to Management
It's okay if things aren't always going that well--just be transparent if they are not and don't sugarcoat things. We're all grown-ups and are working toward the same goal as you: to help this company be successful.
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at BloomReach (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.
I was sought out by a recruiter, and the interview process was very lengthy, and borderline unprofessional.The entire process took a total of 8 weeks, and consisted of 4 phone interviews, 1 face to face interview, 1 writing assignment. Each phone interview was with a different executive, who was clueless about your stage in the interview process.
CEO Raj De Datta on how BloomReach raised $56 million while keeping employees in mind.—30+ days ago
It's official--BloomReach's Series D round has been raised!—30+ days ago