Mission: BoomTown exists to make real estate agents successful. 20k+ of the industry’s top professionals trust BoomTown’s system to grow their real estate business with easy-to-use technology that creates opportunities and helps turn them into closings.
A student, a CEO, a neuroscientist, a professor, an innovation director, an engineer, a tech executive, and MORE - Oh, and did we mention that BoomTown's very own VP of Sales and Marketing, Shannon Williams, was among the greats? Amazing job to every speaker at this year's Charleston Women in Tech meetup. Thanks for inspiring every woman in technology to GSD!
Wishing our very own data science summer intern, Eliza Starr, and all students, the best of luck this school year! Work hard, follow your passions, and always know that all of us at BoomTown are rooting for your success!
If you're interested in future internships, or future career opportunities at BoomTown, check us out on our careers page: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQIMD
You can't expect different results if you work like every other company. At BoomTown we’re not driven by projects, we’re driven by solutions. We share a hunger to do something that matters and we imagine, develop, design, and create exceptional products that solve our clients’ problems and help them grow their businesses. All in all, BoomTown is a software platform designed to help real estate professionals generate leads, manage contacts, and run their business better.
Consumer Website --
Make homebuyers excited to shop for homes. Our consumer website delivers beautiful pictures, helpful property details, and handy tools for the everyday home shopper.
Lead Generation --
Capture real estate shoppers before competitors can snatch them up. Our portfolio of tools and 250+ experts will give you the leading edge in marketing.
Predictive CRM --
Knowing is half the battle. Identify opportunities with insights, fine-tune your workflow, and concentrate on the business that generates ROI.
Success Management --
Software is only a tool. Support staff will coach you to be successful with our platform and show you tricks to getting ahead in the market.
Want some more? Click here to get a full break down of our product offering.
I have been working at BoomTown (South Carolina) full-time (More than 3 years)
I've worked at a couple of the Software companies in Charleston, and BoomTown continues to stand tall above the rest. I've been here long enough to see the company more than double in size, and though we've definitely had some growing pains, we've continued to maintain a culture and spirit that other companies in the area can't replicate, try as they might.
Some of the highlights I've observed in my time here:
- Competitive pay for the region.
- Work hard, play hard mentality. Beer on tap at all times ٩( ᐛ )و . Truly impressive company parties twice a year (maintained even with the growing staff).
- The company encourages mobility between teams, and wants to see you succeed in whatever role you choose to tackle.
- Grier continues to be a strong leader for the company. You get a real sense that G believes in the mission of making RE agents more successful, and wants to see that mission through and isn't interested in selling. His enthusiasm is infectious.
- Good diversity. It's awesome to see women crushing it in so many upper-level positions, particularly within the Development department.
- Lots of transparency. Whether the news is good or bad, leadership seems to be making a concerted effort to communicate openly with the staff.
- Strong community outreach efforts.
- In our new location, parking has become a real problem. We share the space with several other companies, as well as the Workshop test kitchen. We've tried to mitigate this by renting out a lot just up the street, but we're still usually at full capacity by 9:30am.
- As we've grown, it's been increasingly difficult to interview for culture-fit as thoroughly as we did in the earlier days. Though we occasionally get it wrong, we still have a lot of passionate people dedicated to hiring the right people for the culture.
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BoomTown (South Carolina) (Charleston, SC).
People submit their resumes on line or via referrals internally. Candidates recommended by current employees are given special attention. Typically candidates are given an initial phone interview followed by several in-person interviews. Usually they will first meet with the talent department followed by the hiring manager. Then they will have an in-depth technical interview with several members of the engineering team. They will be asked all kinds of questions related to what they've built, how they've done it, and what they're passionate about. They may also be asked to design things on-the-fly and or write some code to solve a problem in any language they are comfortable with. Usually the last part of the interview process is too see if the candidate is a good culture fit. They are usually interviewed by several people from different parts of the company.
Once the interview process is complete everyone involved in the process sits down and has an open and honest discussion about the candidate and whether or not they're a great fit for the company.
I was able to negotiate salary, vacation, and relocation.