I worked at BostonCoach full-time (More than 3 years)
- Good entry level job experience
- Management doesn't interfere too much with day to day duties
- Flexible with hours and schedule
- Most employees are overworked and when there is a vacancy, it takes awhile for the position to be filled.
- Company is trying to grow, but makes many terrible decisions and brings on too many accounts that are unprofitable and high maintenance.
- Saw many long-term, good accounts discontinue service.
- Overall did not feel valued as an employee with little to no recognition of hard work.
Advice to Management
- Listen to your employees and let their opinions be heard.
- Treat employees like assets and not disposable commodities.
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BostonCoach (New York, NY) in September 2014.
They want clean professional drivers with a vast knowledge of New York metro area. You'll meet with the regional manager. The interview was very direct and they just want to get a feel of you. It was about 10min and there is plenty of parking available once on sight. The manager will ask a lot about your previous driving experience
no negotiation available
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –