• Good pay
• Not micromanaged
• Flexible hours
• Lunch provided at meetings
• Everyone can start a 401K
• Management is aloof to part-timers it seems
• Lack of understanding for people new to the industry
• Vague/lack of direction for projects
• Extremely quick turn around time - can be stressful
• Feel not as important as full time employees
• More criticism than encouragement
• Lots of "red tape"
• Manager is a poor communicator
Advice to Management
Look to nurture all of your employees. The vagueness, lack of consistency in direction, and lack of communication can hurt your company and cause confusion among your employees.
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bouma Construction (Grand Rapids, MI).
Smoothly managed process; Interview run up to all Senior staff and invited to visit actual Job sites. 1:1 interviews with each CEO/ CFO for an hour and intense; 1:1 with HR person during Phone Interview and additional Recruiter/Placement agency contact for online testing 6.5 hrs and close out critics.
As fair as one can expect - I nearly achieved what I was looking for.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –