Working at Bremer Financial | Glassdoor

Bremer Financial Overview

Work Here? Get a Free Employer Account
Saint Paul, MN
1001 to 5000 employees
1943
Company - Private
Banks & Credit Unions
$100 to $500 million (USD) per year
Unknown
Bremer Financial Corporation is the holding company for Bremer Bank, which operates more than 100 branches across Minnesota, North Dakota, and Wisconsin. It offers traditional retail banking services such as checking and savings accounts, certificates of deposit, and credit ... Read more

Bremer Financial Reviews

  • Helpful (3)

    "Community Minded Organization with Philanthropic Roots"

    StarStarStarStarStar
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    • Comp & Benefits
    • Senior Management
    Former Employee - Vice President Sales in Fargo, ND
    Former Employee - Vice President Sales in Fargo, ND
    Recommends
    Positive Outlook
    Approves of CEO

    I worked at Bremer Financial full-time (More than 8 years)

    Pros

    Bremer is deeply invested in its communities, as its ownership structure is 92% a charitable trust that donates back into the areas where it operates and the remaining 8% is employee-owned. As such, the organization is well respected throughout the region.

    Cons

    As the organization grows and adds former Wells Fargo employees at the top, it is operating like a bigger corporate animal than it really is, which can be frustrating at times.

    Advice to Management

    Heed the wisdom of your outstate managers to stay true to the community roots.

See All 63 Reviews

Bremer Financial Interviews

Experience

Experience
60%
40%
0%

Getting an Interview

Getting an Interview
60%
20%
20%

Difficulty

2.8
Average

Difficulty

Hard
Average
Easy
  1.  

    Analyst Interview

    Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN
    Accepted Offer
    Positive Experience
    Difficult Interview

    Application

    I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bremer Financial (Saint Paul, MN) in January 2016.

    Interview

    I had one phone interview with my eventual manager followed by a half day interview on site with lunch. Very low-key. Very in depth conversation. Overall a fairly difficult process in terms of expectations but this isn't a bad thing.

    Interview Questions

    • They asked about past experiences employment and academic-wise as well as how I work with a team.   Answer Question
See All 5 Interviews

Bremer Financial Awards & Accolades

Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition – Add Awards

Work at Bremer Financial? Share Your Experiences

Bremer Financial
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
 
Click to Rate
or