Mission: In addition to removing pests from your property, we eliminate the conditions that attracted pests in the first place. We work together with our customers to help them maintain a pest-free environment for years to come.
I have been working at Brody Brothers Pest Control full-time (Less than a year)
From Day ONE at Brody Brothers, I knew I hadn't just joined a company- I had joined a family. A crazy, inclusive, dedicated, hard-working, wholesome family whose mission was clear: Prevent Pests, Protect our People.
I have worked in both retail and food service before coming to this company. Never in my life have I felt respected at my place of work the way I do here. I have a voice and I am both heard and listened to.
From day-to-day interactions with the owners, the managers, the technicians, and the office staff, everyone here treats one another like human beings; with joviality and warmth. Every member of the team is a vital component to what makes Brody Brother's a success, and it shows.
I never thought a day would ever come where I get home from work and genuinely look forward to going back in the morning. When asked about my job, I can go on and on with pride about what a wonderful company I work for.
This is a job that is all too easy to make into a career. I hope to be a Brody Brother for a long, long time!
Just SOME of the Pros:
- The training process is tailored to YOU and your pace. There is constant support from the whole team throughout the training, and you are encouraged to ask any questions that come to mind.
- The office has a variety of fun pastimes for slower days and team bonding. Darts, Ping-Pong, Segways, Basketball, Cornhole, NERF guns, Air Hockey, Popcorn and Gumball Machines certainly make for a one-of-a-kind environment that blows all others out of the water.
- Bagel Wednesdays and Donut Fridays are a weekly treat to look forward to!
- The Technicians out in the field and the Office Staff are constantly in contact with one another, making for effective communication and various learning opportunities for the whole team.
- You are ALWAYS learning something new! The owners (the original Brody Brothers) like to take time to sit down with the team and teach us all something new. There is never a dull day!
- Saturdays (and, in the Winter, Sundays) off make for a great weekly routine.
- The company color is a beautiful shade of green. It's something minor, but you don't know how much you appreciate something like that until you're face to face with your uniform!
- The management here operates by an "Ask, Don't Tell" mentality. You're never forced to do something simply because you work here. You're asked to do things, not told or ordered to. You're asked for your opinions, your feedback, your observations- everyone here works to improve themselves as both people and as employees. The company can only improve as much as its people are willing to, so seeing the drive to keep getting better and more efficient even at the highest levels is extremely encouraging.
- During my initial interview, I was asked "On a scale of 1-10, how weird and quirky would you say you are?". I absolutely LOVE that a company has the forethought to ask fun questions to break up the monotony of typical interviews.
If you ever decide to go work somewhere else, you will be sorely disappointed. This company sets the precedent for what a healthy, thriving workplace should be. They're good to their people; both their employees and their customers. The bar has been raised too high by Brody Brothers; you'd be hard-pressed to find one that can match them, much less surpass them. The only Con is still a Pro: You will forever be comparing other workplaces to this one.
I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Brody Brothers Pest Control (New York, NY).
Met one on one with the Office Supervisor and talked about the company and their goals for the future. We talked about what they were looking for in their staff, and the whole process was very laid back and easy.