I have been working at COFCO CAPITAL full-time (More than a year)
- Taken over by Chinese state food company COFCO - might be lots of investment and direction
- Some good people working there
- Trading company - good exposure to agri-trading across functions
- Terrible work environment - constant job uncertainty, weak management, disengaged colleagues, no responsibility or management ownership taken for day to day activities
- Systems and processes are old and disfunctional
- HR are incompentent (hired and fired whole senior executive team in 18 months), lie repeatedly, offer no purpose but there are lots of them - no idea what they do?!
- IT does not help improve the company; builds expensive banking systems with consultants that cost money not save money for the company
- Company culture is ex-Noble Group - denial and paper over the cracks
- Communication is absent. When the company due to merge, and then wasn't - no official communications! CIO and half his team left the company (got fired), nothing!
Advice to Management
Fix the little things (there are lots) before starting grand headline projects with expensive IT resources who leave after 12 months
Show your staff some respect - everyone is looking to leave (bad market is the only thing keeping people in their seats)
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –