I worked at Cake Group NY full-time (More than a year)
- Owned by Havas, the company has offices and support around the world leading to many projects that span multiple countries.
- Willing to invest in employees through non-traditional benefits, Cake offers things like yoga at the office or tickets to expensive conferences.
- There's an opportunity to build your own position by outlining your strengths and business/career growth opportunities.
- Because the company is so small, the environment is very hands-on. While at most places you wouldn't have the chance to interact with senior leadership, the co-founder/managing director and managing partner are both very involved in all aspects & pieces of business.
- At times, it can be a high-stress environment. Like many advertising/PR agencies, there are sometimes quick turnarounds that require staying late and putting personal commitments aside.
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Cake Group NY (New York, NY) in September 2014.
Recruiting Agency sent me on an interview. I was asked very simple questions. The Managing Director tried to intimidate me by glaring at me. There were three people in the room at the same time shooting questions. One came in 10 minutes before the interview ended. She didnt say much. The icing on the cake question "Are you a U.S. citizen"? YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –