- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
Mission: We're delivering the best end-to-end mortgage experience through the powerful combination of our people, our process, and our technology. We’ve created a culture around building and sustaining partnerships where investing in our proprietary technology ...
Despite all the information available online, we're finding that consumers are still lacking in understanding what it takes to qualify for a mortgage. We want to bridge that knowledge gap. Enter, the Cardinal Financial Skill. Try it out today! And learn more about it here: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vMRGo
Today, we're wearing red to raise awareness about heart disease and show support for research that helps end it. Here are a few tips from the CDC on how to prevent heart disease: 1. By living a healthy lifestyle, you can help keep your blood pressure, cholesterol, and sugar normal and lower your risk for heart disease and heart attack. 2. Opt for a healthy diet by choosing nutritional meal and snack options. 3. Be sure to eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables and fewer processed foods. Send us a photo and show us your red today! http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQZWr
At Cardinal Financial, we're not your average mortgage company. We're a tech-first, tech-forward company that is passionate about delivering the best end-to-end mortgage experience possible for our customers and our employees. We're process driven and focused on the bigger picture, always thinking ten steps ahead and solving problems before they arise.
We're a team of makers, builders, and doers who share an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for being the best. We believe that the success of the team is more important than that of the individual. We hold each other accountable and expect the best from each other in order to execute our mission.
Unlike other companies, we believe every employee has something to contribute. Some of the greatest ideas we've implemented in our processes and our technology have come from the most unlikely places. At Cardinal Financial, no matter where you sit, every employee's idea is important and no one is too good to roll up their sleeves.
Isabella Santos Foundation 5K
Cancer messed with the wrong company. Every year among hundreds of vendors, Cardinal Financial participates in the Isabella Santos Foundation 5K, 10K, and Fun Run in Charlotte, NC. We set up a booth, give away free items and swag, and donate a sizable amount to the foundation to help fight rare pediatric cancer.
Crisis Assistance Ministry
When we volunteer with Crisis Assistance Ministry, we’re helping people in financial crisis move toward self-sufficiency. We regularly volunteer and hand out breakfasts and help with other food distribution. Each year, we donate Christmas gifts and help needy families and individuals shop and wrap gifts for their loved ones.
It’s more than just a dress. It’s a high school girl’s experience. Every spring, Cardinal Financial proudly donates new and gently used formal dresses, shoes, and accessories to the Girl Talk Foundation Prom Project.
Toys for Tots
’Tis the season for giving back. Every December, Toys for Tots gives us a list of gift ideas for kids and families in need and every December, Cardinal Financial employees donate an astonishing amount of toys for needy families! It’s the most wonderful time of the year.
Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina
During the month of November, Cardinal employees bring in canned goods and other non-perishable foods to donate to the Second Harvest Food Bank. It’s a time to be thankful and give back.
Blue Solo Cup Challenge
We’re all dog lovers here. Here’s how the challenge works: Take a photo with your blue solo cup (points for fun and interesting places, extra points if your pup is in the picture!), post it on social media, and tag #BlueSoloCupChallenge! The winner is presented with a $300 check to an animal charity of their choice plus a special, paid, dinner-and-a-movie date night for two! It’s all for a good paws.
Real Pumpkins Wear Pink Pumpkin Decorating Contest
Since October is breast cancer awareness month, we’re raising awareness a different way—our annual pumpkin decorating contest. As part of our Halloween celebration, each year, Cardinal employees decorate pink pumpkins. The winner is awarded a monetary amount to be donated to the breast cancer foundation of their choice. It’s a fun and creative event where Cardinal employees think pink!
I have been working at Cardinal Financial Company full-time (More than 3 years)
1) Compensation plan is outstanding. If you are a decent salesman/saleswoman, you WILL get paid handsomely.
2) Contrary to a negative review I read from 5 weeks ago, the technology is bar none. Cardinal is the sole proprietor/creator of a loan processing software system that is the definition of cutting edge.
3) The work ethic and caliber of fellow Loan Officers positively promotes solid friendships as well as a contagious competition - that ultimately bolsters everyone's bottom line.
4) Probably should be at the top of the list, but the flexibility you're afforded is excellent. I go to the gym for ~1 hour 3-4 days a week in the middle of the work day - no questions asked.
5) Of the four employees I've recruited here over the past 2 years, all of them are still gainfully employed. I guess the "Pro" is that you can infer that the reason they're still gainfully employed is because they are thriving financially and generally HAPPY - which is perhaps the most important aspect of a job.
1) For those familiar with the mortgage industry - specifically a loan officer - there is always the dilemma of processing turn around times. As a loan officer, it ALWAYS seems "the loan should close more quickly", or "could be more efficient". But the question is relative in nature: compared to what? I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a company that routinely closes a refinance in less than 4 weeks.
Advice to Management
At least at the Charlotte branch, I've always gotten along exceptionally well with all Production Managers as well as Upper Management - no issues whatsoever except for one: order Portofino's pizza in lieu of the other usual suspects...
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cardinal Financial Company (Scottsdale, AZ) in December 2019.
One phone interview with the HR personnel, Quickly called in for a face-to-face interview where I came in and was Saturday computer to take the Wunderlich test, then into a room with 2 managers for interviews. About three days later I did a final phone interview with her national trainer.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –