Central Garden & Pet increases 401k company match plus adds a profit sharing plan for non-bonus eligible employees! Beginning January 1, employees will receive a match of up to 3% of their earnings when enrolled in our company 401k plan. In addition, enrolled employees who are not part of a bonus plan may receive up to a $500 yearly deposit into their 401k account based on company performance. It's a great time to join Central!
Three for Free! Central Garden & Pet increases 401K company match and adds yearly profit sharing bonus! Central cares about their employees and wants to help them build their retirement savings. Beginning in 2019 employees who contribute at least 3% of their pay to their 401k account, will receive a 3% match. In addition, employees who are not on a bonus plan will receive yearly profit sharing deposits into their active 401k account!
Founded in 1980 as a distribution company through a combination of strategic acquisitions and internal investment, Central Garden & Pet has evolved our business into a portfolio of leading brands in the lawn and garden supplies and the pet supplies industries.
The foundation of our success is our dedication to innovation, quality, and service. Our strategy is to continue to strengthen and build our branded products portfolio for consumers, to be both effective and efficient for our retail partners, and to deliver superior returns for our shareholders.
Central’s brands are consistently recognized by customers and industry peers alike for innovation and quality. With our branded, private label and distribution businesses, Central Garden & Pet has over $1.8 billion in annual sales. Some of our most recognized brands are Altosid mosquito control products; Amdro insect and pest products; Aqueon aquarium products; Farnam horse care products; Kaytee products and food for pet birds, wild birds, and small animals; Nylabone dog chews and toys; Pennington lawn and garden products; Sevin garden and lawn products; and Starbar products for rural insect control.
Our award-winning sales and logistics operations service all of the major retailers and have the ability to reach nearly every independent retailer nationwide.
Central Garden & Pet Company is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for consumer and professional use in the lawn and garden and pet supplies markets. For years, we have successfully helped consumers beautify their outdoor living spaces and promote healthy interaction with their pets.
The foundation of our success is our dedication to Innovation, Quality and Service.
Central Garden & Pet offers Total Rewards that support the well-being of employees and their families, help improve and maintain health, and keep life in balance. Eligibility for benefits varies and may be based on hours worked and location.
I have been working at Central Garden & Pet full-time (Less than a year)
- Interview process was expedient, with an interview agenda routed in advance and great communication throughout.
- Received a lovely welcome package at home after accepting offer.
- On-boarding was efficient, with clear communication and easy-to-follow process of reviewing and completing assigned tasks.
- Team was welcoming and supportive, with thoughtfully guided on-boarding meetings and access to all the necessary resources to get acclimated.
- Management is smart, pragmatic and accessible. Projects are approached thoughtfully and timelines are measured and realistic, with contributors expected to be accountable for their work and
- Commute from Oakley/Brentwood area has gotten a lot worse lately, making the drive unfortunately longer than anticipated.
- Corporate Environment - Business Professional with casual Friday; would benefit from a more casual atmosphere.
- Would love to see the company embrace a more flexible work from home policy with teams so distributed across the Country.
Advice to Management
Continue to invest in digital and ecommerce resources and technology, and keep empowering the smart individual managers you have hired to successfully drive the business into the future of Garden & Pet commerce.
I applied online. I interviewed at Central Garden & Pet (Madison, GA) in June 2017.
Very professional and in depth. I participated in a phone pre-screening interview with talent acquisition, phone interview with head of research, and final interview with upper management of the division in which I was applying for a position. All were conducted in a very professional manner with excellent questions to enable me to provide the detailed information on my background/experience.
Veteran Hiring Commitment
Committed to helping America's military veterans find work