I have been working at Chemonics International full-time (Less than a year)
1. Reviews are based on soft skills, as well as hard: If you're strategic and take initiative, accept responsibility, take on learning opportunities, treat others with respect, and are a person of integrity--and you can do your work by deadline and with high quality, you'll do well here.
2. It has a great ramp-up program to give each employee a solid knowledge foundation in their department and role. The learning program is generous, and it offers in-office courses, as well as online courses and now a mini-masters program (certificate, not degree).
3. Benefits are great, and health insurance covers domestic partners. It also offers varieties of insurance (life, ltd, std, dental, vision, health ....), flex time/WAH, commute $, and more.
4. Honest, open communication. I was surprised to get companywide emails that detailed the agenda for an executive meeting, as well as a recap of what was discussed. While I'm sure there were some confidential details left out of communication, the openness and honesty here from execs is refreshing.
5. I recently worked in a company where the executives were abusive and promoted a "throw someone under the bus" mentality. Chemonics is like the loving foster mom for me after that experience. BONUS: I'm doing something toward world good, instead of putting money into the pockets of the shady businesses my previous association served.
Nothing yet. I have been a job hopper all my life, looking for a company like this. I think I could stay until retirement.
Advice to Management
Keep up the great work!
I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Chemonics International (Washington, DC).
I had at least 4 interviews and a written exam before getting an offer.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –