Mission: Coleman is ... First with Knowledge.
I have been working at Coleman Research full-time (More than a year)
- Lots of opportunities to grow with the company and very simple team structure
- Easy to see your metrics against other people; expectations are clear
- Learn about a lot of industries/technologies you would normally be exposed to
- Have the opportunity to interact directly with top experts in the world
- Good benefits, previously people have noted the parking issue, which they've taken care of by paying for 50% of the monthly parking payment
- Health benefits are good and matching 401k is vested after 2 years
- Translatable skills developed including recruiting, sales, and account management
- Executive Management thinks in the short term instead of long. Would like for them to plan for 6 months to a year from now instead of right now. Some of the teams are doing really well but seem to be understaffed to their potential
- Middle Management isn't well trained in people management and have to learn on the fly, which is tough for Associates under them
- Teams are managed differently, some teams PIP while others let people go immediately
- Your experience can really depend on who your direct Manager is
- Work/life balance depends on the team you are on
Advice to Management
Give your high performing teams more responsibility as they are clearly doing something right. Cut out the mediocrity and keep hiring the right people to improve the culture.
I applied online. I interviewed at Coleman Research (Raleigh, NC).
There was a skype interview asking basic profile questions followed by a Skype interview with 4 managers who asked behavioral type questions. The process took about a week and all the interviewers were very nice. Seemed interested in team building.