Mission: ComPsych "Build-to-Suit" solutions, under our GuidanceResources brand, seamlessly integrate information, resources, tools and expert advice that help employees navigate life's issues and organizations to achieve their
Because of our industry leadership, we continue attracting new customers around the world. Since our founding in 1984, ComPsych has enjoyed consistent growth year after year, and has a proven track record of financial success. For employees who demonstrate exemplary performance, the rewards can be outstanding.
ComPsych attracts the best and the brightest talent because of our high-performance, entrepreneurial culture. We are known for embracing creative thinking and innovative approaches. Our employees thrive on new challenges and inspire each other to reach individual and company goals. If this sounds like you, ComPsych wants to learn more about your unique capabilities.
To view open positions, visit our careers page at: http://www.compsych.com/careers
Since our inception in 1984, it has been our exceptional people that differentiate us from our competitors.
Our responsiveness, dedication and commitment to over-deliver on customer and client expectations have been the cornerstone of our success.
ComPsych Corporation is the world's largest provider of employee assistance programs and is the pioneer and worldwide leader of fully integrated:
• behavioral health
• employee wellness
• FMLA and absence management services
under its GuidanceResources® brand. ComPsych provides expert resources to more than 29,000 organizations covering more than 78 million individuals in over 130 countries.
By creating "Build-to-Suit" programs, ComPsych helps employers attract and retain employees, increase employee productivity and improve overall health and well-being.
I have been working at ComPsych full-time (Less than a year)
Constant support from supervisors: There is always someone available anytime you need help, and there is never any backlash for needing help.
Beautiful office location
Kind coworkers who will go out of their way to make you feel welcome
Low level of expertise required: There isn't much you can do in the psychological field with a
BA, but that is all you need to be able to do this job well
Free tickets to Bulls and Blackhawks games
Giving Culture: Everyone who works here wants to help people, and the company does too. 95% of the time my job is to give away things for free and generally make people happier. The other 5% is transferring the caller to someone who can give more away.
Work/Life Balance: You will never have to take your work home with you at the end of the day
Stability without boredom: Every caller will have dramatically different needs and a unique story, so you are never bored, but the job itself never changes
Pay is very low for the area (I've made more working as a cashier at a gas station)
Call Center: Doing psychological work over the phone is tricky, and can get stressful if a client is in crisis or combative.
Advancement: There are ways to advance within the company, but the ceiling is pretty low. You're not going to start on the phones and end up running the department.
Cog in the Machine: The employees that have worked here for 4 or 5 years start to have that "beaten down" look that I always associate with corporate cubicle jobs.
Advice to Management
Stop taking away small benefits. You may thing the erosion isn't noticeable, but employees never forget. People talk about the move away from hour lunches ,to half hour lunches with two 15 minute breaks, like the company shot a beloved puppy. There are dozens of little things like that which have changed over time to make employees feel that they are less appreciated now than ever before.
I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at ComPsych (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.
There were 5 phases. First phase was an online application where you completed a quick survey and sent a resume. Next was a phone conversation with HR to answer any questions that I had about the company, the job, benefits, ect. After that there was a phone conversation with a manager to do mock calls so that the manager could feel confident that I was competent. The next step was a face to face interview with a HR manager and a cognitive flexibility test. The final step was a face to face interview with the Director of the program.