Mission: Coupa's mission is to enable organizations to spend smarter and save money by delivering the most innovative, easiest to use, fastest to implement and cost effective technology in the world.
Read about Coupa CEO, Rob Bernshteyn's Immigration story. Do you have an immigration story?
What is it like to work at Coupa? Hear from our employees. http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQMAU?
Coupa has officially been certified, by the Great Place to Work organization, as a Great Place to work! Great Place to Work® is the global authority on building, sustaining and recognizing high-trust, high-performing workplace cultures. The organization has crafted its perspective by learning from great leaders, surveying millions of employees, and examining thousands of the best workplaces around the globe.
Coupa Software is the cloud platform for Business Spend. We maximize the value of every dollar organizations spend today.
We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management.
At Coupa, we are looking for the people who are driven to succeed. In our fast-paced environment, people are rewarded for their hard work and commitment while encouraged to bring ideas and their creative thoughts to the forefront. We all share in our success at Coupa and look for people who are ready to be a part of a success driven team.
At Coupa, our singular goal is to change the way companies do business with a new category we now call Value-as-a-Service. We work with customers around the globe, in every type of business, each with their unique challenges. We’re working with them every day to transform the way their entire business approaches spend. Our technology solutions speak for themselves and we strive for industry leadership in everything we do.
“A man’s got to have a code, a creed to live by.”— JOHN WAYNE
The “Coupa Creed” consists of the core values that we believe provide accountability to us as a company. It lets our customers know that as we grow we will not lose focus of who you are and what we promised them. It is our company’s identity that not only differentiates us from our competitors but allows us to serve as leaders in the enterprise software space. It helps us measure our impact with our customers and for the market as a whole. The core values that we had when we were only 25 people are still the same core values we have today…and we plan to keep it that way. That’s something we are madly proud of.
Our employees are talented, creative, collaborative, bright, energetic, passionate, and extremely hard-working. We recognize that our employees are the ones who make it happen.
See what some of our employees have to say:
Sales at Coupa:
Engineering at Coupa:
Professional Services at Coupa:
JOIN A WINNING TEAM
Be part of a company that's been named a leader for the third consecutive time by Gartner 2018 Magic Quadrant for Procure-to-Pay Suites.
TOP REASONS TO JOIN OUR TEAM
Learn more about working at Coupa here:http://www.coupa.com/careers/
I have been working at Coupa Software Inc full-time (More than 3 years)
* Coupa is growing 40% a year.
* Great culture ... "we are all in it together" mentality.
* The whole company rallies around new customer acquisition while also ensuring our current customers achieve value (you don't have to cringe when mentioning who you work for at parties).
* Strong executive leadership team, including a passionate, driven CEO with a vision to lead Coupa from the David to the Goliath in the spend management industry
* Industry leading products as validated by Gartner, Forrester and IDC. As the leader, you get invited to the dance on nearly every spend management evaluation.
* An increasing number of net-new leads -- including from marketing (inbound) and inside sales (outbound). It's the best lead generation engine I've seen in all my 20+ years in the software business.
* Growing stock price results in significant upside in total compensation.
* Sales incentive plans rival the top software companies in the industry
* Plenty of accounts for account executives ... the pie has not been divided to the point where your income potential is limited.
* Our demos rock! You will not lose a demo bakeoff.
* If you love to hunt the big deal, this is the place for you. You have the opportunity to make your annual quota on one deal and also have an opportunity to blow out quota.
* Implementation partners, including the Tier 1s, are building strong Coupa practices and will support you during and after the sales cycle.
* Strong business value engineering team to minimize the chance of losing to do nothing or losing out to other software projects competing for budget.
* The opportunity to take it to the ERP vendors ... this is especially fun for those who have worked for them in the past.
After sharing all those positives above ... I'm going to do my best to identify what prospective salespeople might consider cons to Coupa.
* You must have a lot of energy to work at Coupa. It is a fast-paced environment and filled with passionate employees who expect each team member to carry their weight. If you don't fit this description, do not join Coupa. We are not a large company so it is next to impossible to hide underperformance.
* For account executives, you must get a thrill out of the hunt. This is not a role where you can sit back and ask "where are the Glengarry leads?" You need to be adept at prospecting, leveraging multiple methods to open doors (in many cases they don't own any Coupa products yet), working with inside sales & marketing, networking etc. Look in the mirror and ask yourself if you have that fire in the belly for building pipeline. If so, you will be successful at Coupa.
* SAP is walking their Ariba counterpart in the door and they outnumber us. However, if we get in the door, we can win. If the CIO is willing to align with what the business stakeholders want - and doesn't force an SAP agenda - we win a large percentage of these deals.
* Some of the big deals take a long time to close ... sometimes all the way up to 1.5 to 2 years. However, there are also cases where they move more quickly where a company has a formal initiative, you create a compelling financial case for change and/or an executive drives a top-down initiative, Great deal execution can accelerate the deal but sometimes companies just move slow.
* The most successful salespeople at Coupa are assertive and willing to push back where the prospect is not approaching an engagement in a spirit of mutual respect and partnering. If you are a "nice person" who feels your main reason for being successful is relationship selling and following your client's process, then you may not be cut out for a sales role at Coupa.
Advice to Management
Continue to invest in marketing and inside sales to grow pipeline (Chandar is making a huge impact). Continue to believe in your sales organization and respect that some sales cycles take a long time, with the potential for starts/stops, due to issues outside of sales control. Avoid giving backhanded compliments in front of broad audiences saying "finally, this has come in ... it's about time" on the win announcements. Also consider that a new rep's ramp-up varies depending on the maturity of the region they will be working in (e.g. previous sales coverage) and their account list. Consider working with the RVPs and VPs to estimate the ramp and get creative to financially take care of those reps who may take a bit longer to get on the board. Otherwise, keep doing what you are doing. I'm proud to work for Coupa and would highly recommend working at this company to any of my friends.
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Coupa Software Inc (San Mateo, CA) in January 2018.
Best first impression upon arrival to Coupa Headquarters.
A Goody Bag with water, snacks, and notebook.
Had a great experience with the recruiting team and the interviewers.
The recruiting team worked together with the hiring manager and interviewers to set up meetings according to the best schedule, as quickly as possible.
The Interviewers were well prepared with my resume and seed questions from the HR team.
It was a great Interview experience!