I worked at Createspace full-time (More than 3 years)
Relaxed and fun environment.
Great benefit package.
The ability to work for a company that loves their customers.
Not much room for growth within the company, unless you relocate.
Too much focus on metrics and numbers than the overall quality of work their employees do.
It is mainly a glorified call center, because most of the services the company provides is outsourced. Not much is handled in-house.
Not enough staff handle workload.
Constant turnover of employees.
Constant change of management.
Advice to Management
Do not micromanage your employees so much.
Allow more time for them to work on their personal growth.
Do not facilitate new processes before you've worked out the kinks.
Be more transparent about projects, and reach out to your team for feedback and additional ideas more.
Make sure you are constantly hiring new employees. The constant turnover makes it extremely difficult for your loyal employees to handle the extremely large workload.
I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Createspace (Phoenix, AZ).
- Came in as a temp, a little more relaxed interview process. However still interviewed with three people
- Asked standard questions, will be taking notes on a computer so they will be typing the whole time (only intimidating if you let it be)
- However, interviewing from temp to full time was tough (yes you have to interview for each position you want even if you have been with the company for a significant amount of time)
- interview was intense, definitely turn up the heat.
- interviewed by at least 4 people, somewhat of a good cop/bad cop situation. Such as some will be easy and other will be hard on you
- they just want to make sure you are worthy basically...
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –