I worked at Cub Foods part-time (More than 3 years)
Some good ones were the 10% discount, Friday freebie, sometimes would feed us, co workers were somewhat nice, handful of managers were nice also. Regular customers were nice to see everyday and helping them made your day go by faster. Weekly pay (every Friday) was a awesome deal, able to take vacation whenever and can accumulate a lot if you put in some years. Flexible scheduling especially because I was in college and overall a great part time job for the time being.
Corporate does not care about its employees! They walk in some days just to bark at everyone in the departments about something wrong. They are really snotty and would yell at you for everything. Management of the store was also bad, intentionally start arguments with workers so then they would quit. The store director in my store would always bark orders but doesn't do anything to help the store. In general, they would hire people and not train them. So they rotate the same people and work them to death (especially me). Very repetitive and sometimes management would schedule outside your availability without checking with you first. No offer of full time and after a certain amount of years your pay max out . You could only get 40 hours a week if you were a manager, other than that you could get less than 35.
Advice to Management
1. Put more effort into caring about your employees (corporate and management talking to you!)
2. Find a better way for customers to sign up for the rewards card
3. The registers up front need updating , BAD ! Sometimes the register would just turn off in the middle of a order. Seems like the computers are running on 2003 software.
4. Pay raises need a change. As in , don't wait 2 years to give your workers a raise if they are doing a great job.
5. Prices on the shelfs need to be updated so the customers can read them, one too many times the price is different from what's on the shelf.
I applied online. I interviewed at Cub Foods (Crystal, MN).
The hiring process was super quick I applied towards the end of the week was called the following Monday. Setup the interview via phone. The interview was low pressure management was very nice. Got hired on the spot contingent on the background check going through.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –