Working at Cultural Vistas | Glassdoor

Cultural Vistas Overview

New York, NY
51 to 200 employees
1963
Nonprofit Organization
Social Assistance
$10 to $25 million (USD) per year
Unknown
Founded in 1963, Cultural Vistas is a nonprofit exchange organization promoting global understanding and collaboration among individuals and institutions. It develops international professional experiences that create more informed, skilled, and engaged citizens. Cultural ... Read more

Mission: To enrich minds, advance global skills, build careers, and connect lives through international exchange.

Cultural Vistas Reviews

3.1
StarStarStarStarStar
Rating TrendsRating Trends
Recommend to a friend
Approve of CEO
(no image)
Jennifer Clinton
3 Ratings
  • "Amazing Place to Work"

    StarStarStarStarStar
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    • Comp & Benefits
    • Senior Management
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

    I worked at Cultural Vistas full-time

    Pros

    Dedicated, passionate employees. Work that makes a difference on the global scale.

    Cons

    As with many nonprofits, there is a lack of opportunity for growth once you reach a certain level.

See All 29 Reviews

Cultural Vistas Photos

Cultural Vistas photo of: DC Office Opening - May 2015
Cultural Vistas photo of: Ideas abound.
Cultural Vistas photo of: Our Korea WEST staff at our annual picnic
Cultural Vistas photo of: Team building!
Cultural Vistas photo of: 2015 staff picnic
Cultural Vistas photo of: 2015 staff retreat
See All PhotosSee All

Cultural Vistas Interviews

Experience

Experience
63%
25%
12%

Getting an Interview

Getting an Interview
100%

Difficulty

2.9
Average

Difficulty

Hard
Average
Easy
  1.  

    Assistant Program Officer Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD
    No Offer
    Negative Experience
    Average Interview

    Application

    I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cultural Vistas (Columbia, MD) in April 2014.

    Interview

    There were two interviews, one initial phone interview and one over Skype. Both interviews lasted over forty-five minutes. The questions were very general. I was turned off of the position by the interview. Despite asking multiple times about the role of the position in the organization, I was told that "we are looking for someone to figure things out on their own, and just ask if they are having trouble". I was also told that despite the job ad responsibilities saying one thing, the actual job responsibilities were totally different. The actual responsibilities were about 25% of what the ad said, with the other 75% being grant writing. I felt kind of misled about the position based on what was listed in the job ad, what was said in the first phone interview and what was said in the Skype interview. I didn't get a job offer, but feel I definitely dodged a bullet by getting rejected by this organization. One other thing, they took two weeks to let me know I didn't get the job. Despite having had two interviews with them, they opted for a generic e-mail rejection. Considering I spent over an hour and a half speaking to them I felt they could have at least been courteous enough to reject me in a simple phone call or voice mail.

    Interview Questions

    • All members of our staff write and seek grants, what is your experience writing and seeking grants?   1 Answer
See All 8 Interviews

Cultural Vistas Awards & Accolades

Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition – Add Awards

Work at Cultural Vistas? Share Your Experiences

Cultural Vistas
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
 
Click to Rate
or