Mission: Our Vision is to change the way the world communicates.
Our Mission is to connect people and things.
DISH was ranked #1 in Customer Service nationally by J.D. Power and our customers! We are proud to accept this award and continue to stay tuned into our customers and employees.
Dish shows no signs of slowing down its IoT initiative as it buys Denver startup Parkifi!
I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 5 years)
* Opportunities abound for technical jobs - engineering, IT, product, QA.
* Company has formally (and publicly) stated new direction with road map towards future IoT endeavors.
* Management is very transparent about their goals and objectives and offer frequent updates through all team meetings and other communications.
* No layoffs to date despite the obvious decline in paid TV subscriptions, but this is endemic of the industry at large.
* Still a ways to go to shed negative legacy regarding employee trust, this primarily in the way agent call centers handled resources.
* Short on holidays and barely above avg. in benefits.
Advice to Management
Continue to work on your people skills since in today's environment, employees are not retained by telling them to work hard and if they don't like it, leave. You'll end up with sub-par talent and in no way will you have the best team as you strive to. To be fair, I believe management has for the most part "gotten the message" and are working to improve the company's image and make it a great place to work.
I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DISH (Denver, CO) in April 2017.
I received a call from their own internal recruiter and she asked questions about my last position. After that I received a questionnaire to complete that covered math, reading and the internet. It was designed to be hard but should be a good indicator for quick problem solving.