DataArt has a new client. It’s a healthcare startup. It’s worth your time.
• Many of the client’s employees (including CTO) worked at Amazon, Microsoft, LinkedIn, and Google. This affects the team’s culture and determines the overall focus on engineering. The code quality requirements are very high, but there are no strictly speaking “managers” in the company. The code is written by everybody, and the CTO personally reviews the code and participates in technical discussions.
• The company does not practice classic Test-Driven Development, but all code that enters the repository must be covered by service tests. Thanks to this requirement the overall coverage of business logic tests has been almost 100% for many years. Therefore, manual testing is minimized.
Their projects have vacancies for senior specialists i.e. Front-end (React.js) developers in Ukraine (Kyiv, Kharkiv, Lviv, Odesa, Dnipro, Kherson), Russia (St. Petersburg, Voronezh), Poland (Wroclaw, Lublin), Bulgaria (Sofia), Argentina (Buenos-Aires).
Check here: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQpaw and come to work with us!
DataArt in numbers:
> 2,500 professionals
> 20 years in operation
> 8 million hours of R&D and Software work
> 3,500 projects completed successfully
> 20 offices in USA, Europe, and Latin America
> $124 mln — revenue in 2017
We are experts in:
Team satisfaction survey 2017:
DataArt’s employer reputation and high quality of our corporate services get highest satisfaction scores among our team members
People and relationships is the foundation on which we have built our success. We invest in long-term relationships, with our colleagues and clients alike. We’re a global technology consultancy with deep tech and domain expertise. We embrace change and foster an environment of experiment and learning which lets us illuminate our talents and apply them within our ecosystem.
PEOPLE FIRST: our relationships with clients and colleagues are based on mutual respect, no matter our differences.
● Long-term partnership approach
● Your professionalism and personal qualities matter, your look does not
● Minimum bureaucracy
● Flex hours and work from home
● Market compensation
● Comfortable office
● Sick leaves and med insurance
● Well-organized system of admin services
EXPERTISE: open up your potential within DA ecosystem.
● Highly qualified team
● Challenging tasks
● Help from senior colleagues
● Internal educational system
● English classes
● Communities and knowledge sharing
● Effective onboarding
FLEXIBILITY: experiment and learn, embrace change.
● Work contract with DA, not project based employment
● Flat structure
● Minimum rules
● Rules and policies change with context, values stay the same
● Easy movement among offices and relocation opportunities
TRUST: is at the core of our relationships with partners and colleagues. We lead via context and let professionals do their work the best they can.
● Management via context, bottom-up decision making
● We avoid micromanagement
● Clear equal rules and policies
● No ranking vs others, no regular reassessments
● Fair seniority assessment
● Fair management
I have been working at DataArt full-time (More than 10 years)
- Opportunities to work with various diverse clients within multiple industries and gain cross-domain experience and knowledge
- Truly wonderful people and culture
- It may take some time to land on a project of your dream
I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DataArt (New York, NY) in June 2017.
The interview process at DataArt was phone interview first which was very revealing about what the company was looking for. It was concise and to the point. It was followed up by a face to face with 4 people including the VP of Sales, VP of Engineering, Managing Director & HR. The interview was informal but very specific. It also showed the culture of the company very clearly.