Mission: We manage change.
We work holistically, draw on extensive implementation experience and share responsibility for achieving objectives with our partners.
We provide know-how.
Our services are built on a wealth of regional and technical ...
Excellent first experience in the international development sector and contributing to new project conceptualization and implementation phases. The type of work assignments and involvement depends on each project and team. I was fortunate to start working with a brand new project and had a very inclusive and cohesive team in which I contributed to all aspects of the project planning.
There was a lot of bureaucracy and waiting to hear back from headquarters before the project could proceed. I would have liked to have worked more in the field and at a grassroots level, which is probably more feasible with NGOs or smaller organizations.
I applied online. I interviewed at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit.
- Sent online application and received an invitation to an interview within 2-3 weeks
- Skype interview lasted for about one hour
- Was interviewed by two members of the team
- Questions were fair (on the topic, one can prepare for them well)
- After the interview, I was asked to submit a writing sample via email within a specified time (30 - 60 min). The first task was to summarize an English text in German and the second task was to briefly answer one out of three questions (in English) (see below)
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –