Mission: Our mission is to simplify cloud computing so developers and their teams can spend more time building software that changes the world.
We’re always thinking of ways to make developers’ lives easier, including an intuitive interface and ...
Wondering what's in store for us this year? Hear from Shiven Ramji, VP of Product, on what (big things) you can expect from DigitalOcean in 2019: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQZAY
We are excited and proud to announce our new CEO, Mark Templeton. Read more about the next wave at DigitalOcean from Ben Uretsky:
At DigitalOcean, we’re simplifying the complexities of infrastructure for software developers. You'll work with smart and interesting people, all focused on offering a simple, reliable, and robust platform to easily launch and scale applications of any size. If you’re passionate about building a platform for developers and their teams to spend more time building software that changes the world, we want to talk to you!
We care deeply about supporting the growth of all our employees and making sure they feel professionally fulfilled. We provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for conferences, training or education. DigitalOcean employees are excited about stretching themselves in new ways and developing to their fullest potential, surrounded by amazingly supportive friends and colleagues.
Our talented team is at the center of everything we do. You’ll find DigitalOcean employees in our New York headquarters, our Cambridge office, and remotely around the world working from the comfort of their own homes. We strive for a great work experience from custom workstations, full health coverage, flexible vacation time, 401k matching, and more—always mindful of supporting every employee wherever they’re working.
Working at DO means making sure our employees always get the support they need. You can expert perks like:
….and a whole lot more!
I have been working at DigitalOcean full-time (Less than a year)
* Amazing remote culture and laser-sharp focus on making that work
* Highly-skilled group of people who take their jobs seriously
* Really interesting at-scale problems to solve across the entire tech stack
* Current management is very open and honest about the challenges, no visible "head in sand" moments so far
* I like a company that knows at which inflection points in growth changes in management are required. From what I can see, DO has no problem making those calls
* Rapid growth (both in head count and in product offering) have created a degree of instability and disorganization, particularly at the process level
* The tech stack is very much in flux at the moment, with layers of legacy, experimentation, and modern sitting atop (and within) one-another; it's chaotic
* I struggle to think of anything else worthwhile that would warrant memorializing in perpetuity. So far it's been a pretty great place to work
Advice to Management
Management sets the tone for the company, and Mark's optimistic yet open approach to communication has been fantastic to experience. Keep doing that at all levels, even when it's painful, embarrassing, frustrating or infuriating. Honesty is respect.
Keep listening to the folks in the trenches. So far it seems that everyone wants to build the best bug-free, performant thing they can for the customers. PRSS is a great initiative, showing the team that their pains are both as important as, and synonymous with, the customer's pains. It only really works when both sides of the equation are satisfied.
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DigitalOcean in January 2018.
The recruiting process at Digital Ocean is very impressive. The recruiter I worked with was phenomenal. He went above and beyond to match up multiple interviews with various stakeholders to my availability (which wasn't always easy) and was great at timely follow up and feedback.
The DO team members I met were people one would want to work with; each added their perspective to the role and the future of the company. The overall process was organized and set DO apart from other organizations.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
Has programs that support a diverse and inclusive workforce