I have been working at Divers Alert Network full-time (More than 5 years)
- Well recognized and respected among scuba divers.
- If DAN has helped you, then you're an evangelist for life. These folks are a true value of the DAN brand.
- The Medical Department part of the company really helps make the sport of diving more safe.
- DAN helps injured divers in need and it feels good to be a part of that.
-A shift was made to focus more on the business and making money and less on connecting with scuba industry
-They RIFFed most of the employees with strong ties to the scuba industry and no longer have anyone to champion the voice of their customers
- Many employees live in fear of getting laid off
- If you don't like the CEO, don't worry, the BOD will fire them
- The progress of the company only moves as fast as the bottleneck at the top
- Top executives micro manage every department
Advice to Management
- The industry has a strong "one of us" culture. If you're not a diver then you just don't understand.
- DAN doesn't recognize this and is thus moving in the direction of being an outsider.
- Move away from keeping the meek employees who surcumb to management demands. Hire good employees and let them shine.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –