Mission: We partner. We collaborate. We listen. We are positive. We trust our partners. We fulfill our promises. We are quick and eager to improve and create. We execute with integrity, commitment, excitement and enjoyment. We lead by example. We work hard to make our customers ...
I worked at Dominion Voting Systems full-time
- Supporting elections is fulfilling.
- Intelligent, hard-working co-workers, not just in Denver, but throughout the organization.
- Downtown Denver location is hard to beat.
- Paid parking space on premise.
- Annual bonus
- Healthcare benefits were inline or slightly above average for the market, as was paid time off.
- The salary is not commensurate with the Denver market for software development.
- Management sees employees as "resources" that can be easily replaced.
- Little opportunity for advancement within the organization nor learning opportunities within the position.
- Little or no recognition for projects being completed.
- "Firehose" software development methodology.
- No 401k matching, profit sharing, tuition reimbursement.
- Little vision, support, and communication from management.
Advice to Management
Management should take steps to improve communicating some vision, not just to Denver, but across the organization. The CEO did one or two townhalls a year that sounded more like annnual reports to shareholders than addressing employee concerns. Generally management seems aloof and uncaring.
The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dominion Voting Systems.
1. Phone interview with recruitment specialist. It was like a elaborate discussiok of my resume and skills.
2. In person interview. 3 employees (different roles) interveiwed together.
The company seems to have a policy of one person being interviewed by more than one employee which is good in bringing out the best employee on board.
The whole interview process took almost a month.
Dominion Voting is hiring! Check out our website for information on our open career opportunities! http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vIGCp