I worked at ECHELON CONSULTING full-time (More than a year)
- As you expect in a consulting firm, you get to work on different technology stacks on different projects.
- It's a small company. Therefore, you can make a big impact. You get the chance to develop enterprise level softwares end to end. Given its size, you also have a lot of interactions with senior management, including the CEO and the founders of the company.
- It has a good culture. Everyone in the company is willing to help. You will get mentoring from more experienced coworkers. There are happy hours every Friday afternoon. There are free snacks, fruits, and beverages available in the office whenever you need a quick recharge. There is a weekly team lunch, etc.
- The pay is decent for fresh graduates.
- Good work/life balance in general.
- There isn't a formal training program.
- Given the size of the company, the opportunities to further develop your career are limited.
Advice to Management
Provide more opportunities for employees to continue to learn and grow.
I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ECHELON CONSULTING.
Applied at university career fair, and got a 30 min. interview the next day. This interview covered OOP and data structure concepts, and had two coding questions which you had to work out on a whiteboard. The next step was an online coding challenge which consisted of two multiple choice questions, and three coding questions. These questions were not too difficult, but they weighted the multiple choice questions the same as the long coding questions, so you got an get an abysmal score if you did well on the hard questions, but screwed up the easy ones. After completing the second round I emailed the company and didn't hear back until weeks later and told they were reviewing the final pool of candidates and would reach out in the following weeks. Fast forward a few more weeks, I emailed again and was immediately answered saying the positions had all been filled.
What if you could make a difference doing what you love everyday? Join the adventure!
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –