- Santa Monica, CA
- 201 to 500 Employees
- 1 Location
- Type: Subsidiary or Business Segment
- Founded in 1966
- Revenue: $100 to $500 million (USD)
- Internet & Web Services
A new Edmunds EV charging test shows Hyundai, Kia, and Porsche electric cars top the list. In the “first independent measure of how quickly a car can add range to its battery,” Edmunds‘ new EV charging test establishes a new standard. The study shows the average miles per charging hour based on real-world testing and empirical data. In other words, you can see how many miles an EV can add in an hour of fast charging. The higher the miles per charging hour, the less time spent waiting.
Thanks to growing competition in the market, and some reticence from consumers, automakers and car dealers are offering huge discounts on electric vehicles, particularly luxury models. The ranks of eager early adopters, those who feel they must have the latest technology in their vehicles, by now already own EVs, said Joseph Yoon, consumer insights analyst at Edmunds. In September 2022, the average electric vehicle purchased in the United States, excluding Teslas, went for about $1,500 over sticker price. One year later, the average EV went for about $2,000 under sticker price, according to data from Edmunds. That’s a much bigger change — and a much deeper discount — than for the industry overall, which averaged $900 under sticker last month, according to Edmunds.
The latest conversations about Tech
15 hours ago
Going on 2 years at current 500+ employee “unicorn” $1B SaaS company. My ~100 accounts have ~$75M annual revenue. The internal analytics systems I built are referenced by c-suites/executives, provide insight to guide product/content development, built the framework for how success teams operate, and are a pillar of the tech value stack for business partners. Salaried at $60k, no bonuses/commissions, never gotten a raise. How do I navigate that conversation? Nothing has come from my efforts.
Got a burning question about Edmunds.com? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Edmunds.com employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
1. I joined Edmunds last year and I must say, it has been a wonderful experience so far. The highlight of my journey has been the amazing team I work with. They are not only talented and skilled but also incredibly supportive and collaborative. 2. I am fortunate to have a great manager who goes above and beyond to assist whenever I encounter challenges. His guidance and mentorship have been invaluable in my professional growth. 3. I am also pleased with the salary package provided by the company. It is competitive and reflects the value they place on their employees' contributions. 4. And last but not the least, Edmunds has an exceptional recruitment team. They provided timely updates, answered all my queries, and made sure I felt supported throughout the entire process. Their attention to detail and professionalism created a positive first impression of the company.
I haven't encountered any negative experiences so far :)
- Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CANo OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
InterviewScreening interview, followed by a meeting with the manager, a project and presentation, technical interview, group interviews. They then wanted to speak another time. The meeting with the manager was mostly mini case studies, followed by an awkward technical section. The technical review was on SQL and python, even though python was not listed as a job requirement and not on my resume. The presentation was to 10 people and many individuals asked questions outside the scope of the project. In the end, the entire process was so negative, especially compared to the level of the position and compensation, I withdrew. They're still hiring as though they are a high growth start up, despite being an unprofitable subsidiary of a low growth company.Interview
Why are you interested in edmunds?Answer Question
See All 75 interviews
Edmunds.com Awards & Accolades
- Best Places to Work in IT, Computerworld, 2017
- Best places to work, LA Business Journal, 2017
- Highest Rated CEOs, Glassdoor, 2016
- 100 Best Medium Workplaces, Fortune, 2016
- Best Places to Work in Los Angeles (Large), LA Business Journal, 2012
Popular Careers with Edmunds.com Job Seekers
All answers shown come directly from Edmunds.com Reviews and are not edited or altered.
...Overall, Edmunds has strong benefits and generous time...
November 11, 2022
People Also Ask about Edmunds.com
Employees rate Edmunds.com 4.6 out of 5 stars based on 377 anonymous reviews on Glassdoor.
Overall, 97% of employees would recommend working at Edmunds.com to a friend. This is based on 377 anonymously submitted reviews on Glassdoor.
56% of job seekers rate their interview experience at Edmunds.com as positive. Candidates give an average difficulty score of 3.1 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty) for their job interview at Edmunds.com.
84% of employees think that Edmunds.com has a positive business outlook. This is based on anonymous employee reviews submitted on Glassdoor.