Mission: We pride ourselves on high principles, and our commitment to serving the homeowners needs and desires are paramount to our philosophy, "Energy Efficiency Through Quality and Education."
I worked at Energy One (Texas) part-time
- The training is fantastic
- Management is great at communication
- The employees are all very friendly and good workers
- They compensate well
- They do everything in their power to help you succeed
- It is a part time job, but should be treated like a full time job
- It is very demanding work, and you need to be on top of your game
- Your job is to generate leads, but you only get credit if they are sales.
- Door to door sales can be stressful, and it isn't for everyone
Advice to Management
I think there should be a better way of evaluating an employees success with the company. Our position as a marketing coordinator is to get homeowners excited about our program and to sit them down with our directors. We constantly insist we aren't part of the sales team, but management evaluates the amount of sales we generate from our appointments we set. Why not set an appointment quota instead of sales quota?
I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Energy One (Texas) (San Antonio, TX).
I applied online and was called a few hours later. She asked a couple questions and then scheduled an interview the next day. When I arrived, she had a meeting (oddly at the same time of our appointment) and put me to interview with someone else. We talked for thirty minutes... He was a chatter but not much of an interviewer. He basically asked if I thought I could do the job, asked about my ability to engage with people. I was hired on the spot. So were all of my coworkers.