Mission: Equilar offers data-driven solutions for board recruiting, executive compensation, shareholder engagement and business development that bring together business leaders, institutional investors and advisors to drive exceptional results while ensuring sound corporate governance ...
I have been working at Equilar full-time (More than a year)
There are a number of great reasons to work at Equilar and a few of those reason I will outline.
1) Learn - Grow - Lead.. as you work at Equilar, even in your first year, Equilar will give you an allowance to advance your career through educational courses. They are invested in their employees just as their employees are invested in the company.
2) Career advancement.. continuing on the trend of the 'Lead Grow Learn' program, there are a number of opportunities for advancement across multiple departments. Of course, you must be dedicated and willing to put in the work, but they do reward team members that are willing to put in the extra work.
3) Office culture.. the Chicago office is great! Lots of bright, energetic colleagues who are always willing to help out. The office began as stranger colleagues and now I can call a number my friends. As a member of the Account Management team, I continually push my fellow AMs to better advance their careers to new heights. Of course, monthly lunches are always appreciated!
4) Management.. this ones pretty easy. I've never asked a question that did not get resolved. Management is always helpful and willing to do what it takes to ensure you are prepared and able to resolve any issues.
5) Training.. I came to Equilar with no idea what Corp Gov even was. Within 2 months I was able to being outreach to client independently and successfully. The training program is very intensive, you will feel overwhelmed at times, but the team is always there to help. As long as you put in the effort, you will be just fine. They run a rigorous interview process to ensure you will have success in the position.
I would really like to see some more positive work done in the community. Being able to give back in the Valley and Chicago on a work day would really show those in our communities that we care. At previous employers in Chicago, we were allowed 8 hours of 'Community engagement' where we we had the option to spend one day outside the office, during work hours, volunteering. A number of our clients are in the Valley and Chicago and it would make a positive impact and well received.
Often times there are a number of internal processes that can slow down productivity in regards to reporting. Understandably, this is because there is a need for transparency across all departments, and a solution might be tough to resolve, but still workflow can be improved.
Advice to Management
Continue to invest in your employees like your employees invest in you. Risks are always inherent, but if you have team members enthusiastic about the future of the company, take the chance!
I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Equilar in December 2015.
Submitted Application. Initial Phone Interview with an HR representative. Typical basic interview questions. Then I had a Skype interview with the manager. Much more detailed questions about the job, customer service, etc. In addition, you completed a skills test basically on grammar and excel. I had 30 minutes to complete that portion of the interview.
We believe in gender diversity and that there should be more Women on Boards! Our research shows that progress is being made. http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQvk7
See Dan Marec on NBR talking about trends in CEO pay based on our newly released study. http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vIrwe
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –