I worked at FBI full-time (More than 5 years)
1. Great sense of meaning behind the work
2. You will always have something you can be learning or studying
3. You will receive some of the finest training government has to offer
1. Large organization means large organization problems (disorganized at times, less personal feel to the organization)
2. Pay is government; meaning that you will make less than private equitable peers
Advice to Management
Great to work for these dedicated supervisors; as everywhere, some are better than others. Placing a priority on training leadership is very important, especially in a critical sector like security.
I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at FBI (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2017.
Phone interview that was about 35 minutes long. Recruiter was very helpful and open about what is hiring process and what the Bureau is looking for in qualified candidates. Also, the expectations as to the ongoing requirements seemed relatively straight forward. Bureau seems to really seek to communicate the expectations before the candidate is hired/begins. The Bureau seems to attract driven and well-rounded individuals to the Special Agent roles specifically, and I'm sure that would make for a quality workplace environment or at least be nice when it comes to the Co-Workers you'd be engaged with day-in and day-out.