Mission: FOLIOfn Investments, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of FOLIOfn, Inc., which provides investment technology, management consulting and other services to the financial services industry.
We strive to:
Make it easier for investors to ...
Great work life balance and friendly people. Fresh fruit twice a week and holiday parties for various events throughout the year.
Aimless company direction that constantly is pitched as the next big thing.
HR initially phone screens applicants. There was a second phone screen with one of hiring managers prior to the office visit. The onsite interviews a collection of junior and senior professionals. Each interview is conducted 1:1. Only one senior interviewer asked detailed product management questions. The others seemed to focus more on a culture fit. The overall turnaround time was fairly quick.
1) The firm plays in multiple areas. They're a self clearing broker, but also offer an advisory API and robo-advising services. It's a good idea to be familiar with how they participate in the marketplace. They certainly try to innovate.
2) Sign up for a free trial and review the platform, but don't expect UI/UX questions. They mentioned that the UX needs to be enhanced.
3) For the product management questions: prepare by gathering and running through common questions from quora.
4) Don't mention competitors. This visibly angered the interviewer.
5) All interviewers repeatedly mention that the founder is deeply involved in dictating the product roadmap. His goal is to innovate to the benefit of the investor, however, that may not align with making products that are profitable. The product management team must spend time to determine how new products or enhancements must be molded to increase revenue. I was told that the firm could be more profitable but chooses not to be and there's no expectation that new innovations will increase profits.
In hindsight, I didn't adequately prepare and wasn't ready to answer basic PM questions.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –