Mission: Since our founding in 1925, we’ve been the place to turn for help with problems that seem overwhelming and too difficult to handle alone. We promote, support and strengthen the well-being and behavioral health of adults, children and families. Over the years, our range ...
Since our founding in 1921 as the Family Welfare Society, we’ve been devoted to strengthening families and being a force of good in our community. Over the years, the range of services we provide has grown, but our commitment to excellent, compassionate care and counseling has never wavered.
Today, Family & Children’s Services provides hope and healing to over 120,000 individuals each year, or one in six Tulsans. From helping families in crisis, to serving people struggling with mental illness, addiction and homelessness, we are constantly evolving to address the unique issues our neighbors face.
But our promise to the community remains unchanged. We’re dedicated to providing targeted, innovative programs that deliver real results. We’re committed to giving families and individuals renewed hope in the face of despair.
Why would you want to work here? Well, we offer three weeks’ of paid time off for full-time employees and paid support during licensure. We also pay 75 percent of benefits costs and match up to 5 percent of employees’ contributions to a 403(b) retirement plan.
Why else? We offer competitive pay and clinical supervision.
FOR NEW GRADUATES
You’ve finished your degree – now what? Family & Children’s Services can help you launch a fulfilling clinical career.
We offer licensure supervision, an unprecedented level of workplace support, clinical supervision and professional training to help you develop the skills and confidence you need to succeed and make a difference in clients’ lives.
Nurturing the workforce isn’t just something we say at Family & Children’s Services, but rather it’s something we practice at every level. For proof, look no further than our Chief Executive Officer — who began her career in 1974 as a Family & Children’s Services social worker.
So what do we ask in return? Make a difference;commit to excellence, strong ethics, professional competency development all while fulfilling the responsibilities and essential behaviors of your position.
Family & Children’s Services values professional development and, as such, we partner with area universities to provide an array of undergraduate and graduate student internships or practicums in the fields of counseling, child trauma and mental health treatment for adults and children.
Here, graduate students develop core competencies, clinical practice skills and professional confidence under the supportive supervision of experienced clinical supervisors with various specializations.
Additionally, interns are welcomed and encouraged to participate in the vast array of training and professional development opportunities our agency provides. If accepted into our high caliber, long-standing internship program, you will be expected to complete a minimum of 200 hours. Additionally, if accepted into the program, interns will need to provide a clear OSBI background check.
Family & Children’s Services offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees who work at least 30 hours a week, including:
Our team members earn base salaries that are near the top of the market. But for most professional staff, total compensation is variable and depends on the motivation and productivity of each individual employee. Therapists and case managers in most programs have an opportunity to earn bonuses and incentive payments – some totaling thousands of dollars – for increasing their productivity.
Working at Family & Children’s Services means surrounding yourself with a dedicated staff of professionals who are committed to providing the highest level of client care.
Our employees are passionate about the work they do and the lives they change.
TOP 10 REASONS TO WORK AT F&CS
1. We care about our employees and offer competitive salaries.
2. We offer rich benefits, including paying majority of employee’s medical and dental insurance premiums, 15 PTO days in year one and nine paid holidays.
3. Your work will be challenging, but rewarding. You will positively impact lives and make a difference for 1 in 6 Tulsans.
4. Our work culture is dynamic, committed to excellence and filled with numerous professional development opportunities, state of the art training and supervision.
5. We offer a collegiate atmosphere where you will be surrounded and supported with experienced peers, excellent clinical supervision and many other clinical resources.
6. Our many facilities are beautifully maintained. The state of the art work and therapeutic environments provide an exceptional work environment.
7. We invest in cutting-edge technology, allowing for effective and efficient service delivery and documentation/billing, including, MyAvatar electronic health record (EHR), Microsoft Office 13 and in-house IT support.
8. Employees receive superior client focused business operations support, including scheduling, front desk, billing, etc. This allows you to focus on client care and clinical excellence, not business operations.
9. You will be working for the largest behavioral health care provider in Oklahoma known for it’s quality of service and superior outcomes. Family & Children’s Services has proudly served Northeastern Oklahoma for 90 years. We have the unwavering commitment of giving our clients hope and setting them on the path to recovery.
I worked at Family & Children's Services part-time (More than a year)
The pay getting to greet and better understand the clients request and issues during there tough times and needs.
the time spent at the office and the appointment are not scheduled correctly for the client or individual to make the appointment on that day cause of some other duty or reason there unable to show. Just bad timing of advanced appointments.
Advice to Management
try to cover there needs in transportation in the worse times of weather shorten there wait period in traffic to and from there destination if acceptable to drive as a employee and patient. And they to have a better understanding of your employees what missing what they may not have and the issues and problems they may go threw in there lives. The true case I was applying for employment years ago at family and children's services
I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Family & Children's Services.
I was fresh out of grad school, no clinical experience, applied to several agencies, and got only one opportunity for an interview after two months with this agency.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –