- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
Bank of America, Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank
Mission: To grow businesses, passionately and professionally, by earning long-term relationships.
I have been working at First American Equipment Finance full-time (More than a year)
- Everyone is engaging, intelligent, and proactive. Everyone is great to work for and with, both with each other and with customers.
- Effort is taken to put you in a team that you will respond and work best with based on your personality, strengths, and skills.
- Exemplary work is credited and acknowledged. Everyone strives to go above and beyond.
- Extremely open to improvement. Most colleagues are well aware of the company's shortcomings and faults, and action items are taken to ensure issues are met - nothing just sits in committee.
- Coworkers are open-minded and welcoming.
- Teams can feel silo-ed
- Diversity at the company is particularly limited, although (see: pros) many minority coworkers have helped form initiatives and committees that are changing this.
I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at First American Equipment Finance (Rochester, NY) in January 2020.
A phone call with general questions about my understanding of the company, the role and my background. The interviewer was friendly on the phone and positive about my responses during the interview. They talked about specific industry teams I fit, etc. and said they'd call back in a few days.
At one point the interviewer referred to the job as similar to telemarketing but retracted that description.
First American did not follow up at all, and the interviewer did not bother to respond to follow up emails. The lack of response was unprofessional, but at least the process didn't involve much time.
First American was named among the Best Companies for sales careers by Selling Power Magazine http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vMchN
First American Equipment Finance was named the #1 Midsize Company to Work for in Finance and Insurance http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vMch7
Career Advancement Program
Helping employees "upskill" into higher-paying positions
Social Responsibility Pledge
Formal programs or foundation to give back to communities