Mission: To create a smarter, more connected world
Meet Tess, Energy and Cloud Solutions.
Tess York, Senior Manager, Energy and Cloud Solutions started her career in the energy segment at Flex. Her current role in Austin, US includes developing business plans, go-to-market strategy and helping to develop new talent. Learn more and get her career advice.
A cloud first model is more flexible & cost-effective. The right infrastructure partner provides innovative design, engineering, manufacturing and real-time supply chain logistics insights. Learn how to find them: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vMCVw.
Calling all passionate innovators, forward-thinking designers, and status quo breaking engineers. The one thing that is constant at Flex is change. Our company is built upon a dynamic work environment that values out-of-the-box thinking and team members that are collaborative, passionate, and fun.
With 200,000 employees, working on 100 strategically placed sites, located in 30 different countries, life at Flex means an open door to global opportunities. One minute, you could be brainstorming with clients at our state-of-the-art Innovation Center in Migdal Haemek, Israel and the next you would be videoconferencing with colleagues in Guadalajara, Mexico.
Our customers are the movers and shakers in 12 different industries, from energy and automotive to healthcare and consumer wearables. Really, anyone that is building connected technology that will disrupt the current landscape. Because of this diversity, our employees have limitless opportunities to work on projects that span international boundaries, industry sectors, and world-class brands.
From self-driving cars to athletic smart glasses, our team of over 3,000 design engineers are noodling in our innovation labs to come up with the next big idea that will revolutionize the world and enable a simpler, richer life through technology. Here is a snapshot of some innovations we have brought to life so far:
· Nike partnered with Flex to handle increasing customer demand by developing laser-cutting technology that would streamline their production processes, reduce manufacturing waste, and slash the customer wait time for custom orders from weeks to days. Learn more here.
· Google turned to Flex to quickly transform the idea of delivering streaming online media via the smallest form factor possible, a partnership which ultimately brought Chromecast into millions of living rooms around the world. Learn more here.
· Recon, a company specializing in athletic smart glasses and heads-up display (HUD), partnered with Flex to expand into new markets by speeding up production time, consolidating supply chain operations, and integrating product manufacturing. Learn more here.
· A leading drug delivery provider turned to Flex to design and manufacture the world’s first electromechanical device for the delivery of life-saving immunotherapies. Learn more here.
· A leading automaker turned to Flex to build a working prototype of a turnkey connected vehicle platform which included designing embedded, mobile, and cloud infrastructures, as well as developing specifications to allow worldwide connectivity and a long battery life. Learn more here.
With partnerships and project lists growing by the day, we are always hungry for engineers that have innovation woven into their DNA. Whether you are into hardware, software, quality, security, design, systems, automation, diagnostics, mechanical, electrical, automotive, or processes, there’s a place here for every kind of engineer.
Our engineers are given autonomy and free reign to develop novel concepts and intellectual property. Just bring your ideas and talents and we will enable you to succeed.
While we are out bringing to life a future vision of a connected world, we also play a big role in conserving the earth we already live on. From waste management to emission reduction, Flex has committed to reaching 20 sustainable business goals by 2020 that align with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Some key initiatives include:
-Increasing employee volunteer hours
-Decreasing carbon dioxide emissions and increasing the use of renewable energy
-Increasing employee training hours
-Decreasing water consumption and increasing recycled water
Check out our latest Global Citizenship Report which includes all of our sustainability initiatives and accomplishments.
From the top down, Flex is deeply invested in cultivating future leaders. Starting with our Leadership Development Programs, we identify cream of the crop up and coming talent who are just as passionate about emerging technology as we are. We have high expectations for our future leaders, but we expect them to hold us to high standards too. After all, we know that through our Leadership Development Programs we are growing global leaders who could end up reshaping entire industries.
Flex Leadership Development Program
The Flex Leadership Development Program (FLDP) is designed to mold high-potential candidates into the future leaders of our innovative global technology company. As a part of this program, our candidates have full access to senior leaders and executives, including networking and mentorship opportunities, that will open the doors to success across the entire company. Learn more here.
Supply Chain Leadership Development Program
The Supply Chain Leadership Program (SCLP) was created to attract and develop early to mid-career candidates with a demonstrated ability to think differently, drive changes, and solve complex problems. Through training, mentorship, and most importantly, highly visible projects, candidates will drive measurable business impact while preparing to be the future leaders of our global supply chain organization. Learn more here.
I have been working at Flex full-time (More than 10 years)
1. I have gotten to travel the world.
2. It's truly a global workforce.
3. I've never been bored.
4. Great career growth if you're willing to do the work and put in the sacrifice.
5. All-in-all the benefits are good.
1. Sometimes it's easy to get lost in the shuffle as too much is going on.
2. The IT systems are antiquated.
Advice to Management
Just remember, morale is everything. A sincere gesture goes a long way.
I applied online. I interviewed at Flex.
After two phone interviews, was invited to come in for an on-site interview where the interview consisted of questions regarding my experiences and what the position entails. The company expects you to be a long term employee because they invest a lot of time training on the equipment and company policies.
Veteran Hiring Commitment
Committed to helping America's military veterans find work
Social Responsibility Pledge
Formal programs or foundation to give back to communities
Has programs that support a diverse and inclusive workforce