I have been working at Ford Otosan full-time (More than 10 years)
- Job security
- Very good interpersonal relationships between engineers
- Relatively high R&D capability for a developing country
- Mild-mannered managers in general
- Good learning opportunities for new graduates
- Mediocre upper and middle management
- Lack of vision and strategy
- Mediocre compensation package
- High attrition rate due to low employee engagement
- Tight grip of HR on all the employees.
- Too much power granted to HR over business units. Managers are almost suffocated by them.
- No investment on new technologies such as electric or autonomous vehicles
Advice to Management
- Please resign! I do not think you are capable of change.
I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Ford Otosan (New York, NY) in February 2012.
It was easy because I have had my intern with them also. And my university makes projects with the company so it was easy for me to get in. Also my friends work there and they sponsored me for the job.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –