http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vIOhH—30+ days ago
Mission: We believe a healthy housing market is the foundation of a growing economy, and with the help of our clients, Fortren Funding is building a new foundation for America.
The end of 2015 was tremendous! We had some fantastic performances to honor at our Semi Annual Awards in January! We are very excited to celebrate with our Presidents Club Award Winners in New Orleans this Friday! Congrats to the lucky winners!
Is this job for you?
What everyone looking for a new career wants to know:
* There is complete transparency within the company, open door policies, management, and ownership work side by side on the floor with all departments and levels of employees.
* Full and thorough PAID training. Sales training with EVP of Sales and management from all departments. Top notch licensing training with the best companies in the state.
* Medical, Vision, Dental and life insurance. Huge contribution from the company.
* 401K with Employer contribution.
* Vacation and PTO days.
* Work Hard Play Hard atmosphere. Casual dress code.
* Tons of growth opportunity. We focus on promotion from within!
The fun and exciting part of the SALES job:
* President's Club- Historic trips include Las Vegas, Miami, Punta Cana, Charleston and New Orleans. The next PC trip is scheduled for Napa, CA.
* Semi-Annual Awards Dinners.
* Monthly Million Dollar Lunches- If you fund $1MM per month you qualify for a lunch outing with upper management and all monthly winners.
The fun and exciting part of the OPERATIONS job:
* Weekly leader boards.
* Weekly spa days or lunch for processing if goals are met.
Each of our employees is just as important as the next:
* Quarterly team bonding events.
* Monthly Recognition Awards
* We have a work hard, play hard mentality, and the hours allow for a strong life/work balance.
At Fortren Funding, we offer a hands-on, all-encompassing paid training program that is considered one of the best in the industry. New employees work directly with the CEO and the President of the firm to become licensed industry experts. The new training team is assigned to an "implementation and new hire" manager for 30 days, to ensure detailed and dedicated training on all aspects of the job, before being assigned to a sales team.
Fortren Funding LLC was created with one focus; to be a new kind of mortgage company for a post “great recession” America. Our highly experienced management team witnessed first-hand what went wrong during America’s financial crisis. Simply put, “too big to fail” meant too big to specialize. Mortgages are not a fringe business. For most people, a mortgage is the single biggest financial commitment they will ever make. Here at Fortren Funding we train each of our employees to be mortgage industry experts. Our licensed originators guide their clients through the loan process maintaining the professionalism and communication you would expect from someone helping you make a major financial decision. We believe a healthy housing market is the foundation of a growing economy, and with the help of our clients, Fortren Funding is building a new foundation for America.
I have been working at Fortren Funding full-time
Employees are loyal, dedicated and genuinely care about each other. The original owners, still managing the branch, have persevered through a difficult acquisition. One of the biggest issues former employees had with them was that they held on to poor performing employees too long, because they cared too much. Spread over a few layoffs, they have proven that the hardest business decisions to make are usually the ones that lead to growth and culture renewal. I have been with this company for a few years now and have seen ups and downs. Our corporate office has a proven track record of steady growth job security. Within the Livingston (Fortren) branch, our jobs have never been more secure. We are left with the best of the best. The marketing has made a 180 degree turn in the right direction and we are on track for success.
During the last year we have lost 2/3's of the employees because of unrest in the new ownership, market shifts/low production of sales staff, and layoffs. Unfortunately, some of these employees were valuable and will be missed. There is obviously still some concern with the remaining staff and I hope we can get through that with the better marketing and the reduced staff and everyone will see the light. I have already reaped the benefits of these changes.
Advice to Management
Keep an open mind has you have through this acquisition. Those people who work at Fortren, who aren't children, understand the decisions that needed to be made and see your dedication to the company. The marketing changes are a huge improvement. Also, those of us left believe in this company. Haters are always going to hate.
I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Fortren Funding.
Initial interview is a group interview. There were about 12 of us sitting at around a table, we filled out a questionnaire and an assessment on tablets. We met the each other with an ice breaker and then practiced reading the sample script out-loud, finally we toured office.