I worked at Foxconn Assembly full-time
Took me 30 min to think about pros.
1. Good place to gain experience for recent grads/fresher.
2. Good to mention on Resume that you worked on CISCO stuff
3. Test engineering manager "Howard Chang" was good and never created any trouble for me,
4. No dress code,you can go to work with your jeans and T-shirt on.
Took me only 5 min to think about all Cons.
1.Very Low pay
2.Work on almost every weekend.
3.No Promotion/pay raise
4. No chance of growth.
5. You have to Asian to to get promoted or to get raise.
6. HR was non-existent.
7. Appreciation from management doesn't exist at all.
8.No innovation probably because less pay takes the encouragement away from employees
9. There are so many cons but I will stop here.
Advice to Management
There are many but I will mention only few.
1.You are a big billion dollar company so please live by that name.and at least pay some respectable salary to Engineers.
2. Invest in your good employees ,pay them good and appreciate when needed.
3.Have some Promotion plan like Level I,II,III for employees so they feel encouraged for the work they are doing.
4. GM/Directors should have "Skip Level meeting" with respective Employees so they can voice their opinion or concern.
5. GM/Director/HR should conduct some sort of "All hands meeting" every quarter with employees.
6. Teach the managers and higher-ups on how to write emails.(They write the whole email in Subject line.)
I applied online. I interviewed at Foxconn Assembly (Houston, TX).
More like an interrogation than an interview - at least 7 different people (one at a time) talked to me about the same things. At the end (4 hours later) was told to check back in a few days with my HR representative, but when I did, she was no longer employed at the company. I interviewed 5 times in 7 years years and the procedure was always the same.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –