I have been working at Geneva Trading full-time (More than 3 years)
- Great management staff that is always willing to answer questions
- A lot of opportunity to learn at your pace and ability to work on new projects
- Culture of company is welcoming
- Compensation seems a bit lower than industry standard
- Certain staff (traders/admin) have "favorites" and it shows
- Needs there to be more transparency so no one thinks they are getting screwed over.
Advice to Management
Engage more with staff under you to make sure they are happy. I think compensation needs to be revisited more often, even though I realize it is tied to how the traders do. If the culture of the company wasn't as good as it was, and management (mine personally) wasn't as great as it is I would be looking somewhere else since I know I could probably get higher pay.
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Geneva Trading (New York, NY) in December 2016.
I was emailed after applying and scheduled a phone interview. I talked with the person on the phone for about 40 minutes where we went over my resume and experience. Afterward, I was asked some basic questions about design patters, and removing repeated entries in a list. So far so good, I felt comfortable talking on the phone with my contact and we ended the phone call after being told I would be sent a coding test which is normal.
That night I did the test and submitted. I did not hear back after the test submission. I had to ask the recruiter for updates on the role to know whether or not I was still being considered for the position.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –